Thread: Bay Area KTVU channel 2 news at 6pm

Post imported post

Just saw a preview for 6 o'clock news. They will be airing a story.

Post imported post

dammit! the news only runs good stories when im at work!

Post imported post

Short story. Robert Handa interviewed Adnan. Haven't found a link yet.

Post imported post

Put a link here and no one gets hurt.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

No link yet, and I am recording the news. I am not there to watch it at this time.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

Sound familar?

Man Charged With Posting Threat On Newspaper Website
    The Hartford Courant

12:46 PM EST, February 9, 2010

TORRINGTON —

A 26-year-old man is accused of posting an anonymous threatening comment about a Torrington police officer on The Register-Citizen newspaper's website last month.

Brian E. Couse, of Stanfordville, N.Y., turned himself in to police, who charged him with second-degree breach peace on Tuesday. Couse was released on $2,500 bail and is due in Bantam Superior Court on Feb. 22.

An employee at the Register-Citizen called officers on Jan. 20 after noticing the threat in the comment section beneath an online article. The article was police-related, Lt. Michael Emanuel said, but he declined to comment on what the story was about.

Police launched an investigation and later executed a search warrant, which revealed the Internet protocol address and identity of the anonymous blogger.

Couse sent the message from a work computer in New York, Emanuel said. He declined to say where Couse worked but said that he has been fired from the job.

The comment was "a threat of physical violence against an active police officer," Emanuel said.

"Simply because a person posts comments in an anonymous fashion does not give them the right to threaten or cause fear in people or their families," he said in a statement.

Calls to the Register-Citizen were not immediately returned.

— Jenna Carlesso

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/22516072/detail.html

Post imported post

Cameron wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Thanks
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    Cameron wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Â*Thanks
    No sweat! I'm just really glad that Adnan got the last word. And the no comment from the detective definitely isn't going to put him into the innocent category. It's actually a good story, I'm quite surprised. Though I don't like the Mayor's comments about UOC, I suppose I cannot be too surprised with a democrat in office and the current EPA crime rates. No attention to the facts that more law abiding citizens with guns = less crime.

Post imported post

"no timetable for the investigation means it won't happen. Wait long enough and everyone will forget.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    "no timetable for the investigation means it won't happen. Wait long enough and everyone will forget.
    Yeah, agreed. Unfortunately, I had already heard that comment, but again the reporting was biased, which was where my surprise came from. They're just trying to sweep it under the carpet

Post imported post

Hate to say it, but Facebook is not private.

Post imported post

RaycerX96 wrote:
    Hate to say it, but Facebook is not private.
    Agreed! In fact, one step further... nothing on the internet is truly private, especially on a public website (i.e. Facebook). Ever tried Googling your own name? Sometimes you will be amazed what you can find, let alone what is "cached".

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Did I understand the mayor correctly...he's concerned about the safety ofopen carry...butno comment about one of his officers threatening deadly force on a law-abiding citizen? :what: Man, the stupidity of politicians knows no bounds.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    Did I understand the mayor correctly...he's concerned about the safety ofÂ*open carry...butÂ*no comment about one of his officers threatening deadly force on a law-abiding citizen?Â* :what:Â* Man, the stupidity of politicians knows no bounds.
    Yeah... that definitely made my jaw drop. Then I realized that maybe they just cut that part out.... Nonetheless, it sure doesn't paint EPA in a very good light.... I just hope that we aren't the only ones who noticed.

Post imported post

Alright...just saw it. Very surprised it's on the news...and so quickly. Nothing on the internet is private. No one should be made to feel unsafe by ANY Officer or Police Department. Officer Tuason is hopefully ashamed of himself.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

I too was shocked at the Mayor's comments. Screw the citizens that elected him, but a rogue cop is ok?

Post imported post

open carry has brought us down such a long rabbit hole
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Great post Ed! Hypocrisy galore...who woulda thought?

I must say, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that there would be this many bay area open carry news stories.

Post imported post

Will also be on at 10 PM on KTVU 2. Just saw a promo for it.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Just a violation of policy?!

I'm surprised that such comments do not rise to some criminal scrutiny.

How is it that a government threat of death against such a fundamental right goes unchecked?

I smell "tyranny"?
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

I'm going to be working in CA soon... HOPE I DON'T GET SHOT!

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    IMHO, we need to be sending letters to CA Atty Genl Jerry Brown and the state reps and state senators and ask for investigation of this cop who said he wanted to 'prone out' an open carry activist who makes any 'furtive' movements -

If anyone on this forum said they wanted to 'prone out' anyone, the cops who monitor this site would start a huge investigation and probably seek to arrest the person for being unstable and a possible armed threat -

Same should happen to the cop who is so eager to 'prone out' citizens who exercise their 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment rights - investigate and get him mental health help for being a possible armed threat -

Post imported post

TatankaGap wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    IMHO, we need to be sending letters to CA Atty Genl Jerry Brown and the state reps and state senators and ask for investigation of this cop who said he wanted to 'prone out' an open carry activist who makes any 'furtive' movements -

If anyone on this forum said they wanted to 'prone out' anyone, the cops who monitor this site would start a huge investigation and probably seek to arrest the person for being unstable and a possible armed threat -

Same should happen to the cop who is so eager to 'prone out' citizens who exercise their 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment rights - investigate and get him mental health help for being a possible armed threat -

The "proning out" is not the major issue.

It's the part after that which is of major concern.

He says that if, while proned out, an Open Carrier makes any "furtive move", that the cop who has the OCer proned out would get "two weeks off".

This "two weeks off" is in reference to the mandatory two weeks of administrative leave that an officer gets after a justifiable shooting.

So, the officer is telling his fellow officer to point his AR at the proned out OCer and if the OCer makes any "furtive move" to summarily execute (read MURDER) the OCer on the spot.