• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bay Area KTVU channel 2 news at 6pm

Edward Peruta

imported post

Sound familar?

Man Charged With Posting Threat On Newspaper Website
The Hartford Courant

12:46 PM EST, February 9, 2010

TORRINGTON —

A 26-year-old man is accused of posting an anonymous threatening comment about a Torrington police officer on The Register-Citizen newspaper's website last month.

Brian E. Couse, of Stanfordville, N.Y., turned himself in to police, who charged him with second-degree breach peace on Tuesday. Couse was released on $2,500 bail and is due in Bantam Superior Court on Feb. 22.

An employee at the Register-Citizen called officers on Jan. 20 after noticing the threat in the comment section beneath an online article. The article was police-related, Lt. Michael Emanuel said, but he declined to comment on what the story was about.

Police launched an investigation and later executed a search warrant, which revealed the Internet protocol address and identity of the anonymous blogger.

Couse sent the message from a work computer in New York, Emanuel said. He declined to say where Couse worked but said that he has been fired from the job.

The comment was "a threat of physical violence against an active police officer," Emanuel said.

"Simply because a person posts comments in an anonymous fashion does not give them the right to threaten or cause fear in people or their families," he said in a statement.

Calls to the Register-Citizen were not immediately returned.

— Jenna Carlesso

Cameron

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Gundude wrote:
Put a link here and no one gets hurt.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/22516072/detail.html

:lol: Thanks

No sweat! I'm just really glad that Adnan got the last word. And the no comment from the detective definitely isn't going to put him into the innocent category. It's actually a good story, I'm quite surprised. Though I don't like the Mayor's comments about UOC, I suppose I cannot be too surprised with a democrat in office and the current EPA crime rates. No attention to the facts that more law abiding citizens with guns = less crime.

Gundude

imported post

"no timetable for the investigation means it won't happen. Wait long enough and everyone will forget.

Cameron

imported post

Gundude wrote:
"no timetable for the investigation means it won't happen. Wait long enough and everyone will forget.

Yeah, agreed. Unfortunately, I had already heard that comment, but again the reporting was biased, which was where my surprise came from. They're just trying to sweep it under the carpet

Cameron

imported post

RaycerX96 wrote:
Hate to say it, but Facebook is not private.

Agreed! In fact, one step further... nothing on the internet is truly private, especially on a public website (i.e. Facebook). Ever tried Googling your own name? Sometimes you will be amazed what you can find, let alone what is "cached".

coolusername2007

imported post

Did I understand the mayor correctly...he's concerned about the safety ofopen carry...butno comment about one of his officers threatening deadly force on a law-abiding citizen? :what: Man, the stupidity of politicians knows no bounds.

Cameron

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Did I understand the mayor correctly...he's concerned about the safety of open carry...but no comment about one of his officers threatening deadly force on a law-abiding citizen?  :what:  Man, the stupidity of politicians knows no bounds.

Yeah... that definitely made my jaw drop. Then I realized that maybe they just cut that part out.... Nonetheless, it sure doesn't paint EPA in a very good light.... I just hope that we aren't the only ones who noticed.

OPS MARINE

imported post

Alright...just saw it. Very surprised it's on the news...and so quickly. Nothing on the internet is private. No one should be made to feel unsafe by ANY Officer or Police Department. Officer Tuason is hopefully ashamed of himself.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Great post Ed! Hypocrisy galore...who woulda thought?

I must say, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that there would be this many bay area open carry news stories.