• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's OC Events

OPS MARINE

imported post

I OC'd at one of the Denny's Restaurants here in the city and it was packed in there. I found it no surprise to see several people who had eaten their share and someone else's. I got a few of :shock: and one of :what:continuously. This one guy would just not stop looking. We ate, we tipped, we left. I think the weapon got us seated a little faster than others, as the greeter looked at me and said "I know you're hungry, lemme get someone to help you." A smile and a handshake later, I was seated.

I also OC'd at Starbucks at 1964 N. Main Street. The people there were extremely pleasant, and my coffee was tasty. I sat and enjoyed this cup while reading the paper and watching incoming patrons. Almost all of them went from my shoulder to waist in one look, but none seemed to take offense. One woman said "Nice...piece." Seemed to struggle to find the word with a smile as we left. I think she thinks if she said "gun" I may have heard "threat."

After that, Walgreens. One passport photo later, out.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You've been doing a great job out there Ops. I love hearing of the uneventful outings that you have. One suggestion is to consolidate them into one thread, I promise I'll still read them.

Somewhere in this forum, buried underneath months of verbiage, lie Condition 3's and CA_Libertarian's long threads on their extremely boring carrying stories. I really miss reading both of them. When I first stumbled onto this site, I found both to be extremely interesting even though very little happened other than a conversation here, or a look there.

Just an idea.

SteveInAshand

imported post

I live across the boarder in Oregon , but I am a So Cal native, anyways I think its the way you look and conduct yourself that tips the scales to you being looked at either as a threatening dude on the one hand, or as a good guy protector type on the other.

I know this is America and if you want to dress dam way you want to & look like, well like "crap" if you want and wear a gun at the same time then it's your choice, but expect to be placed in the "threatening dude" category most of the time.

Myself I am clean cut ( Marine style ) and I get the "he must be a cop" casual look from 99% of the people I meet ( I OC 90% of the time for 2 years strait now )

Sad but true perception is reality ( at least the 1st reality );)

Gundude

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
OPS MARINE wrote:
...One woman said "Nice...piece." Seemed to struggle to find the word with a smile as we left...
Maybe she wasn't talking about your firearm...
This is my rifle, this is my gun....this is for fighting, this is for fun.