• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign circulates petition to keep guns out of Starbucks

Richard6218

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Remember when Ross hosted Almost Live and left to host the new Fox network's late night show, and then was quickly replaced by Arsenio Hall. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Oh well back on topic. I told an employee at the Starbucks in Fred Meyer that I am now a customer for life she asked why. I told her because of Starbuck's refusal to kow-tow to Brady Campaign's intimidation to discriminate gun owners. She said "why would we? so many carry concealed anyway how are we ever going to know so why ban those who carry openly." She get's a plus one in my book, along with Starbucks.
You OC'ed in Fred Meyer??? Last time I did that there were cops out in the parking lot looking for me. Starbucks may be OK with it but Freddie's definitely is not.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Remember when Ross hosted Almost Live and left to host the new Fox network's late night show, and then was quickly replaced by Arsenio Hall. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Oh well back on topic. I told an employee at the Starbucks in Fred Meyer that I am now a customer for life she asked why. I told her because of Starbuck's refusal to kow-tow to Brady Campaign's intimidation to discriminate gun owners. She said "why would we? so many carry concealed anyway how are we ever going to know so why ban those who carry openly." She get's a plus one in my book, along with Starbucks.
You OC'ed in Fred Meyer??? Last time I did that there were cops out in the parking lot looking for me. Starbucks may be OK with it but Freddie's definitely is not.
Richard I OC there almost everyday in Freddy's I never had a problem well one talk to with the manager who's security told her it was illegal for me to carry it openly, but we straightened that out and I haven't had a problem since, matter of fact they are all smiles when I am there.

I think in your incident it was probably a MWAG by a scared patron or just bad timing the cops could have been there for another reason. Kroegers which own Freddy's follows state law. Oh and they just bought Haggen's so I am thinking that corporate policy should apply there also.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Remember when Ross hosted Almost Live ...
Actually, we're talking about Dave Ross here. It was Ross Schafer that hosted Almost Live.

Not surprised that Dave Ross would only give one side.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum thread.

Nathan9493

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Um, a petition...  to force a privately owned company...  to do something that the company has the choice to do or not do...  

Lets make a petition to "force" the brady campaign to stop trying to force companies to make their own decisions...

What makes them think that Starbucks isn't FREE to decide what policies they have?

Insanity.

x2000