• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out of state gun sale

choover

imported post

Just double checking, the only way to sell a gun to someone out of state is mailing FFL to FFL right? I work with a guy that lives in OHIO and he wants to buy a pistol off of me, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to hard way if I didnt have to.

G

imported post

Whoa...

More info is needed.

Type of firearm for starters... You cannot mail pistols!!!

Details???

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Whoa...

More info is needed.

Type of firearm for starters... You cannot mail pistols!!!

Details???
That is correct but you can use UPS or Fedex.
Yes, but there are requirements dependent upon weapon type

autosurgeon

imported post

UPS and Fedex will ship any legal weapon. even Machine guns.

I prefer UPS as they do a fine job and are cheaper than Fedex.

I have both shipped and received firearms via UPS.

Handguns and rifles.

Bronson

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
UPS and Fedex will ship any legal weapon. even Machine guns.

I prefer UPS as they do a fine job and are cheaper than Fedex.

I have both shipped and received firearms via UPS.

Handguns and rifles.

I prefer FedEx as the UPS people will leave packages on my porch, even the ones that are clearly marked "Adult Signature Required." FedEx has never done this.

PM me for some hints on shipping that I've learned.

Bronson

Bronson

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
You can ship it yourself as long as the recipient is an FFL.

They do not have to go FFL to FFL.

This is true, however, some FFL holders choose to only accept firearms from other FFL holders.

Bronson

autosurgeon

imported post

That is weird that the driver is doing that?? I would have reported him ... he would have been fired too! My brother has worked for UPS and they don't tolerate that when they know about it.

As for some FFL's only receiving from other FFL's ....Find a diff FFL!!:cuss:

I always love it when people in the firearms community take an already strict law and make it harder to work with out of stupidity!

G

imported post

choover wrote:
awesome, its a sig239, nothing big or to special =)
Based on your additional information...

It is unlawful for an individual to ship a handgun via USPS. A common carrier must be used. I prefer UPS because of their tracking. Also, Fedex uses "independent contractor" delivery methods.

UPS Stores have denied shipping my firearms, upon declaration of contents for shipping insurance, and I've had to use an official hub location.

Shipping of handguns by UPS must be done "next day air". And I have on occasions been required to provide the recipient's ffl. Of course I have never been required whenever I've shipped firearms interstate to myself.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html