• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

any recommendation on pistol range

airwolf09

imported post

I am looking for a pistol range as the Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center is too far from where I live. Anyone have any recommendation for handgun range surrounding zipcode 27610? I prefer outdoor range during summer and indoor on winter :D

airwolf09

imported post

Rugerp345 wrote:
I highly recommend you tell us where you live. I'm not that good with ZIP codes and I anint gonna go look it up.
I live in south of Raleigh near knightdale

Dreamer

imported post

+1 on PDHSC.

And if I remember correctly, they rent firearms too, and have a decent selection of models...

airwolf09

imported post

Is PDHSC fees charge by the hours or per use of the range?
can you bring your own ammo and use the range or you have to buy their ammo?
If you have to buy their ammo, what are they charge for 9mm?

JDriver1.8t

imported post

airwolf09 wrote:
Is PDHSC fees charge by the hours or per use of the range?
can you bring your own ammo and use the range or you have to buy their ammo?
If you have to buy their ammo, what are they charge for 9mm?
Per use of the range/per person. Your first time there, you have to take a 20 question 'test' and sometimes they make you show proper handling, but that depends on the vibe they get from the person. Standard lane fee is $15, and $1 per target. You have to use their targets. You can put stick on targets over theirs though. I normally run 2-300 rounds on a single target. You can purchase a 'red card' membership, which takes the lane fee to $10 per visit. This pays for itself in 8 trips. This is a good card for the once a month person. Then they have a 'gold card' membership. This is $250, but is free lane time. This pays for itself if you are a every two weeks or more person. No matter what membership, you have to pay the $1 per target.
They also have a open lanes side, which has steel plates and allows shooting on the move. This is $5 more for the rental, and $5 each time if you have the gold membership.
You can use your ammo in your weapons. If you rent a pistol ($5), you have to use their ammo (expensive).

airwolf09

imported post

thanks JDriver1.8t I will make a trip down there next week and check it out. :)