Thread: Magnum Research 1911

Post imported post

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand...ctCode=DE1911G

Desert Eagle 1911 "G" Full-Size Pistol[/b]

$799.00 [/b]

Magnum Research has entered the 1911 segment of the handgun market with its first two offerings, a full-size "G" model (5.055” barrel) and semi-compact "C" model (4.33” barrel) Desert Eagle® 1911 pistol.

Both models feature enhanced beavertail safety, skeletonized trigger and hammer, crisp trigger, extended safety lever, beveled magazine well, tightly tolerance frame and slide for enhanced accuracy.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Model 1911 "G" Full-Size
    Caliber .45 ACP
    Length 8.625-inches
    Barrel Length 5.055-inches
    Height 5.25-inches
    Width 1.28-inches
    Finish Black Oxide (Blued)
    Weight Empty 2.261 lbs/1025 grams
    Magazine 7+1 Rounds
    Trigger Single Action
    Safety Grip Safety, Extended
    Thumb Safety
    Sights Fixed

[line]

Was browsing the Magnum Research site, looking at BFRs then Desert Eagles, then I saw 1911 in the side menu. Got kind of a :shock: on my face. Has anyone heard anything about them? I am normally not a fan of front cocking serrations but I sorta like them on this. However, I absolutely do not like the billboard slide.

Post imported post

They were MR's 2010 Shot Show "introduction." Everyone's making one now, so why not them too. The ONLY thing turning me off from a Taurus 1911, is that it has the billboard slide. Poor way to set one company's 1911 apart from another's. Other than that. Looks like a nice enough gun.

Post imported post

I'm with you on that.

Another thing that I don't like is how Magnum Research is advertising their 1911.

They are saying "It took the 1911 one hundred years to earn the Desert Eagle name." That's rather presumptious and incredibly egotistical/cocky in my opinion. The 1911 was an amazing platform long before Magnum Research came around, and if anything Magnum Research is lucky they earned the ability to say they have one in their line up.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

I don't like all the clutter on the slide; get rid of the logo and those front cocking serrations darn it!

I'm also not a big fan of FLGR's.