• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Magnum Research 1911

curtiswr

imported post

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=DE1911G

Desert Eagle 1911 "G" Full-Size Pistol[/b]

$799.00 [/b]

products_details.gif

Magnum Research has entered the 1911 segment of the handgun market with its first two offerings, a full-size "G" model (5.055” barrel) and semi-compact "C" model (4.33” barrel) Desert Eagle® 1911 pistol.

Both models feature enhanced beavertail safety, skeletonized trigger and hammer, crisp trigger, extended safety lever, beveled magazine well, tightly tolerance frame and slide for enhanced accuracy.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Model 1911 "G" Full-Size
Caliber .45 ACP
Length 8.625-inches
Barrel Length 5.055-inches
Height 5.25-inches
Width 1.28-inches
Finish Black Oxide (Blued)
Weight Empty 2.261 lbs/1025 grams
Magazine 7+1 Rounds
Trigger Single Action
Safety Grip Safety, Extended
Thumb Safety
Sights Fixed

desert_1911_homepix.jpg

[line]

Was browsing the Magnum Research site, looking at BFRs then Desert Eagles, then I saw 1911 in the side menu. Got kind of a :shock: on my face. Has anyone heard anything about them? I am normally not a fan of front cocking serrations but I sorta like them on this. However, I absolutely do not like the billboard slide.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

They were MR's 2010 Shot Show "introduction." Everyone's making one now, so why not them too. The ONLY thing turning me off from a Taurus 1911, is that it has the billboard slide. Poor way to set one company's 1911 apart from another's. Other than that. Looks like a nice enough gun.

curtiswr

imported post

I'm with you on that.

Another thing that I don't like is how Magnum Research is advertising their 1911.

They are saying "It took the 1911 one hundred years to earn the Desert Eagle name." That's rather presumptious and incredibly egotistical/cocky in my opinion. The 1911 was an amazing platform long before Magnum Research came around, and if anything Magnum Research is lucky they earned the ability to say they have one in their line up.