• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting contact on the bus today

DEROS72

imported post

I had take the bus ,the infamous 174 to Fred meyers on pac hwy.Going there the bus driver didn't say a thing just looked and drove on.Although he did have Freddys and told him I hope his day gets better.

Went to Freddys Starbucks and the gal there asked me where i've been.Very cool!.Shopped for a bit, no hassle a couple of questioning looks.Got a hair cut next door (gotta look good for open heartsurgery the 19th)Taked to some paramedics there doing blood pressures .One young Paramedic had open heart at 30 and we talked for a while and he filled me in on what to expect.No mention of my side arm.

Now on the way back ,again driver said nothing .As we were approaching my stop I got up to get off.We were at a light and heard this lady go My god he has a gun.This young almost gangbanger looking kid said to her as she was getting ready to freak out: Mam this is an open carry state.He proceeded to explain Wa.state law on firearms to the point I was quite impressed .He said we are quite safe with this gentleman here.I looked at him and said .Thanks for knowing that .Good kid .He was obviously to young to be carrying himself but knew what the laws were.So there is hope for some of them. I was dressed like below so it wasn't like it was covered.

DEROS72

imported post

It is a Tanfoglio Witness .45 Made in Italy.One of the finest .45's I have ever fired.

amzbrady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
1) I had take the bus ,the infamous 174 to Fred meyers on pac hwy.
2) My god he has a gun.This young almost gangbanger looking kid said to her as she was getting ready to freak out: Mam this is an open carry state.He proceeded to explain Wa.state law on firearms to the point I was quite impressed .He said we are quite safe with this gentleman here.I looked at him and said .Thanks for knowing that .Good kid .He was obviously to young to be carrying himself but knew what the laws were.So there is hope for some of them. I was dressed like below so it wasn't like it was covered.
1) Is that the Freddy's that used to have the Pappa Alfo's or something above it, had deli subs and the best damn split pee soup? I used to go there for lunch when I worked at Midcity Masonary and lived at Midway mobile mansions. for fun I would block the entrance from the apt next door with shopping carts, then watch the stoned ones try to move them.
2) wasnt PooShaker on the bus was it.:lol:

sorry poo, havntherd from ya in a while, missing the redneckjokes.

HeesBonafide

imported post

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great day!

Hey, I saw something about a gathering this weekend at Dixie's?? Can anyone confirm this or provide more information?

I have never OC'd before (always cc'd), but I would be willing to show up with my 8 year old son and have some eats with everyone.

I have been working diligently in teaching him about the importance of respect for firearms and even took him to the range for the first time to shoot a .22 rifle last summer. I was beaming so much that day in how he was being careful, respectful, following the rules and having good Situational Awareness, I had tears in my eyes. ....His mother had tears in her eyes too after I told her what we did -- but they were not the same type of tears, that is for another story (sorry for digressing on the topic).

1245A Defender

imported post

this is something ive worried about since learning the laws myself!

a young almost wannabe gangbanger that know enough about open carry law, that they just might start OCing themselves, knowing that without RAS, they could probably go about their gangbanging daily business unmolested by the cops

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
this is something ive worried about since learning the laws myself!

a young almost wannabe gangbanger that know enough about open carry law, that they just might start OCing themselves, knowing that without RAS, they could probably go about their gangbanging daily business unmolested by the cops
However, as soon as they have a warrant, conviction, DV suspicion, etc...they draw attention to themselves. They don't want that.

DEROS72

imported post

True,but he was coming from the college carrying a computer and a load of books.There are a lot of those types I just say I have a license.Some I would rather not advise them of oC.

Also I forgot to mention the other day when I went to the surgeon for a consult he noticed my holster.Sqweek and I went into his office unarmed not knowing policy.DR. Treply said well you can't carry in the hospital itself but I certainly don't mind if you carry in the office. Pretty cool.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

HeesBonafide wrote:
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great day!

Hey, I saw something about a gathering this weekend at Dixie's?? Can anyone confirm this or provide more information?

I have never OC'd before (always cc'd), but I would be willing to show up with my 8 year old son and have some eats with everyone.

I have been working diligently in teaching him about the importance of respect for firearms and even took him to the range for the first time to shoot a .22 rifle last summer. I was beaming so much that day in how he was being careful, respectful, following the rules and having good Situational Awareness, I had tears in my eyes. ....His mother had tears in her eyes too after I told her what we did -- but they were not the same type of tears, that is for another story (sorry for digressing on the topic).
Yes, look here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/37337.html

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Crypto wrote:
Nice looking pistol. I'm searching for my second pistol. :)

I own one of these as well. It's a tack driver. Reliable as they come. Eats just about anything. The only time I ever had a problem was with a box of Fiocchi. But it wasn't broken in yet. Have run a few hundred rounds through since then. Guess it's time to give them another try.