• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for good gun shop in Portland area

neddis

imported post

Can I get recommendations for a good gun shop around Portland? I am heading out west in a couple days to get a gun, since I can't find what I want over here. Anyone seen a good looking 3" 1911 in a shop recently? Can you recommend a good shop to check out? Thanks guys!

Cremator75

imported post

Keith's Sporting Goods
(503) 492-6999
1595 E Powell Blvd
Gresham, OR 97030

Pretty much the best prices in town. It is the only place I go now.

Ironbar

imported post

I'd like to second Northwest Armory. They're not nearly as uppity as other gun stores.

Although Keith's has good prices and selection, you will encounter one of two things when you go there:

1)Somewhat friendly and helpful service from someoneworking there

2) Very unfriendly and unhelpful service from someone who will treat you as if you're an intrusion on their time.

Most of the time you will encounter number two. Keiths is a big store with very good prices- probably better thanany dealer in the Portland area. As such, much of the time they are assholes. They know they have the biggest selection, and they know they have the lowest prices, and they know they're going to have lots of sales with you or without you. This is why I'd rather pay more money and buy from a different store. I like good customer service, and Keith's doesn't have it.

Cremator75

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
Although Keith's has good prices and selection, you will encounter one of two things when you go there:

2) Very unfriendly and unhelpful service from someone who will treat you as if you're an intrusion on their time.
I have heard this before, but I have never experienced it any time I have been in their store or their tables at the gun show. I have bought several guns from them and lots of ammo, and never had one bad experience.

Prophetmatt

imported post

Gun Zone of America
16120 Southeast 82nd Drive
Clackamas, OR 97015-9587
(503) 974-9002
I just bought a gun there today, It's a little small but there was great service and a pretty decent selection, very friendly owner.

wingrider93

imported post

Check out The Gun Broker. Thery are very helpful, If in the Woodburn area talk to Joe and Kathy. Great place to do business.

Jenshubby

imported post

Cremator75 wrote:
Ironbar wrote:

I have heard this before, but I have never experienced it any time I have been in their store or their tables at the gun show. I have bought several guns from them and lots of ammo, and never had one bad experience.
Both times I've purchased from Keiths, no problems at all. Neddis, go there. Maybe I might have to have you do some shopping for me while down there. :p

neddis

imported post

I ended up buying a Citadel (made by Armscor) officer 1911 from Wholesale sports because nobody else in Portland had what I was looking for at the price I was willing to pay. I will go check out Keith's next time I am in the area though. thanks for all the suggestions, guys. :)