• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle mayor wants your help choosing top cop

Dave Workman

imported post

Seattle mayor seeks input on new top cop, plus OUTRAGE in California!

Golden State police detective inhot water over Facebook remarks suggesting that open carry activists might be "proned" and capped if they make a "furtive gesture."

There are links to CalGUNS forum where theFacebook text is displayed. DavidCodrea is also out with his Examiner column (link included). http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m2d10-Seattle-mayor-wants-public-suggestions-in-search-for-new-top-cop

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yfe2gho

Dave Workman

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Also I notice two of the locations for the meetings are at locations where the illegal gun ban is in effect, as far as I know....

Can't slip anything past you, huh?

Dave Workman

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

So the question is: is Seattle's new mayor a criminal safety or a law-abiding citizen safety proponent?

The answer could determine the responses to the selection questions. Sarcastic in favor of criminals, or matter-of-fact in favor of everyone else.

Dave Workman

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
So the question is: is Seattle's new mayor a criminal safety or a law-abiding citizen safety proponent?

The answer could determine the responses to the selection questions. Sarcastic in favor of criminals, or matter-of-fact in favor of everyone else.

He's a far left supporter of an illegal gun ban in city parks.

What can I say? People in Seattle vote that way. The city is only 20 minutes in any direction from the United States. It's about a thousand light years behind the advent of common sense.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

[size=[b]In no way are his personal comments reflective of any policies or procedures here at the department, nor does he speak for the police department.”—East Palo Alto Police Capt. Carl Estelle.][/size][/b]​
(sarcasm) He probably did reflect the attitude of that department and many in California, until he publicly posted that "attitude".