Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ponderosa Lansing

Post imported post

Does anyone have the FOIA request from the Lansing and Battle Creek events yet?

I'd very much like to review anything and everything if possible, and am willing to pich in cash to get that info, just don't see the need for many people to request the same info over and over.

Please PM me either here or at MGO.

thanks

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Brian did a FOIA and I'm sure we'll all knowas soon ashe gets it.

Post imported post

That was what I thought... thanks Doug.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Thanks dougwg.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I did and I received a letter stating it will be over $100 and they want a $50 deposit to continue, which is allowed by law.

MOC, Inc. will help with some of the cost and I will kick in $20. John will be asking members and participants of this forum to help as well. He will most likely start another thread on this.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I will donate once a way is setup.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    I did and I received a letter stating it will be over $100 and they want a $50 deposit to continue, which is allowed by law.

MOC, Inc. will help with some of the cost and I will kick in $20. John will be asking members and participants of this forum to help as well. He will most likely start another thread on this.
    I intend to donate.

Is this just the Lansing event FOIA, or is it also the BC FOIA?

Post imported post

I can donate $10. Just let me know how.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Me too.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Me too.

Bronson
    I will also put my 2 cents in +$9.98.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

I'm rather surprised they are asking for money. If they are extremely cash strapped, I can understand not being able to waste any resources. But that would also beg the question of why they sent all those officers to begin with.

If a PD really wants to make up for a colossal screw up, I expect an utterly thorough FOIA done for free, with sweeping corrective measures put in place in a very fast manner. That is the very least I'd expect if a PD wants to be nice, and avoid law suits/color of law complaints/improper LEIN use complaints.

But I wasn't at this one, so maybe I'm wrong. Am I out of line for thinking this way?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I'm rather surprised they are asking for money. If they are extremely cash strapped, I can understand not being able to waste any resources. But that would also beg the question of why they sent all those officers to begin with.

If a PD really wants to make up for a colossal screw up, I expect an utterly thorough FOIA done for free, with sweeping corrective measures put in place in a very fast manner. That is the very least I'd expect if a PD wants to be nice, and avoid law suits/color of law complaints/improper LEIN use complaints.

But I wasn't at this one, so maybe I'm wrong. Am I out of line for thinking this way?
    It's legal I ran it by Dean. Here is the letter
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

This is standard procedure. My mom does these all the time.

Post imported post

It may be standard, but I want and expect better after cops ignorantly and maliciously trample my rights.

For the lack of a better expression, I expect police departments that caused me to be wronged to bow down and kiss my ass. If they don't, my SOP is minimally a FOIA, then a FBI complaint, then a MSP LEIN complaint, and finally a complaint to the PD itself to rub salt back in the wound like they are trying to do to me.

But again, just to be clear, I can't say I'd apply this sort of thinking to this case, because I wasn't there. Just trying to figure out why the FOIA fee is seen as being so acceptable.

Another point of fact is in my personal experience how often police cover their asses by short changing FOIA's. I would not even consider paying half up front.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    It may be standard, but I want and expect better after cops ignorantly and maliciously trample my rights.

For the lack of a better expression, I expect police departments that caused me to be wronged to bow down and kiss my ass. If they don't, my SOP is minimally a FOIA, then a FBI complaint, then a MSP LEIN complaint, and finally a complaint to the PD itself to rub salt back in the wound like they are trying to do to me.*
    I agree ... I was just stating they are just going by the book.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Michigander wrote:

For the lack of a better expression, I expect police departments that caused me to be wronged to bow down and kiss my ass. If they don't, my SOP is minimally a FOIA, then a FBI complaint, then a MSP LEIN complaint, and finally a complaint to the PD itself to rub salt back in the wound like they are trying to do to me.
    I agree ... I was just stating they are just going by the book.
    So, how to deal with it?

Post imported post

oops

Bronson

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Unfortunately they have a legal obligation to stay expense neutral on FOIA. That is why the law states that the lowest paid person that is qualified must do the FOIA research.

I don't think short of a court order due to hardship that a person can expect them to make exceptions. It comes down to if they do it for us then everyone will expect them free.

Post imported post

The officers themselves involved could cough up the cash, if they felt like going that route. I doubt the law says they can't pay it personally... maybe?
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I'll pitch in ten. can i donate using paypal?

Banned

Post imported post

manicdevery wrote:
    I'll pitch in ten. can i donate using paypal?
    What about https://www.gunpal.net/gp

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-20-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Any word on the Lansing FOIA?
    if its not brought to light,ill ask brian when me him and al meet up for dinner.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

It just came in the mail today. One dash video was fairly decent. The other four or so showed nothing at all.

The non-emergency audio verified what the Daughter of the owner said about the manager not wanting the police and the person on the phone stating, well since you called we HAVE to come. The manager said that the guy was nice and waiting for some friends and he wasn't a problem.

Then she asks the 911 if they should send a car or not as she wasn't sure if it was legal to OC a rifle.

I hope to get it to mikesilly for editing and posting soon.

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-20-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast