• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

federal lawsuit filed against radnor lake ranger unlawful arrest ak-47

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Case # 3:10-cv-00126 , Middle Tennessee District Court 6th Circuit
page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

curiousgb

imported post

You sir are a narcissistic, money grubbing, jerk off. You baited the LE's and got exactly the response you wanted. You are a boil on the ass of freedom loving, responsible gun owners. Your inane behavior will do nothing to further our second amendments rights, it will in fact erode what so many have diligently worked for. You should be ashamed of yourself, please move to California where you can experience what a lack of personal freedom is really like. No what just keep doing what you are doing and we, who live in this state will all experience it.

slowfiveoh

imported post

curiousgb wrote:
You sir are a narcissistic, money grubbing, jerk off. You baited the LE's and got exactly the response you wanted. You are a boil on the ass of freedom loving, responsible gun owners. Your inane behavior will do nothing to further our second amendments rights, it will in fact erode what so many have diligently worked for. You should be ashamed of yourself, please move to California where you can experience what a lack of personal freedom is really like. No what just keep doing what you are doing and we, who live in this state will all experience it.
He did nothing illegal and here you are justifying what he did like the antis justify your lack of a right to defend yourself.

If he ends up winning his case, and creates a favorable outcome that leans more towards what the 2nd Amendment means, you may insert your foot in your mouth and chew vigorously.

curiousgb

imported post

I agree he didn't do anything illegal, but what he did wasn't right in any sense of the word. He went trolling for trouble, just to prove his point. Now he has it and an ambulance chaser to boot.

The "Antis" will use this type of crap all day long and get tons of millage out of it.

Consider the Troll fed.

slowfiveoh

imported post

curiousgb wrote:
I agree he didn't do anything illegal, but what he did wasn't right in any sense of the word. He went trolling for trouble, just to prove his point. Now he has it and an ambulance chaser to boot.

The "Antis" will use this type of crap all day long and get tons of millage out of it.

Consider the Troll fed.
As opposed to providing substantiation by backing up the claims made by the anti's in regards to law abiding citizens practicing their 2nd Amendment rights, by giving them backup as a RTKBA supporter and purported supporter of the 2nd Amendment?

Surely your unfounded statements of angst would not provide them significant assistance either.

Right?

It helps to think analytically, and view the subject from all angles.

Thundar

imported post

IMHO Kwik stands a good chance of winning if he can:

A) Withstand the beaurocratic response - Summary judgement petitions, etc.

B) Can actually prove that officer Ward knew Kwik was not violating the law. (Hopefully Kwikhas radio calls, logs, etc. that prove this point).

I think defendants will also use RAS to answer 4.2, with Terry stop justification.

Good Luck Kwik!!!

BTW, is there a LEO exception to brandishing laws in Tenn??

Thundar

imported post

curiousgb wrote:

What should Kwik do? Tolerate the ranger behavior (don't think that is a realistic possibility, fight it out with the JBTs (not good for Kwik's health, gun rights or his personal liberty) or litigate???

Regardless of the outcome of the litigation, solving the dispute in a court of law is preferable to any other course of action.

Your paranoia about Tennessee turning into California seems unfounded.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

The behavior is untolerable.

I just found out that Nashville issued a BOLO for me. I find it extremely distasteful that the police issue a BOLO for a private citizen who has no criminal record and has never said he had intentions to break any law. I wasn't looking for a confrontation. I was looking to be left alone. I wonder how many of you guys have bolos out on you?

IMO, if they wanted to make an advisory bulletin they should of simply informed the officers that ak-47's with 11.5 inch barrels and no stocks arehandguns.

metropolicebolo.jpg

Here is the recording I made. It is at about 4:00pm when I came upon the first ranger.

http://www.zshare.net/download/724303910e2e5ab6

Here is the call the first park ranger made to metro nashville police. This is after we talked and I showed him my handgun carry permit.

1st Ranger call to police.

Here is my call to police at around 4:50pm. At this point I had been held about 20 minutes (about 50-60 minutes if you count the time from contact with the first ranger). I was detained and they would not tell me why. They continued to hold me two hours more. So much for rights.

My call to police.

To top it all off Metro nashville doesn't have a copy of the arrest citation they filled out for me to sign. They must have "lost" it.:lol:

Bill in VA

imported post

Well Leonard, to be fair you've been "poking the bear" so to speak for a little while now, first with your Draco pistol and then with your black powder revolver in-hand. While you're legal to the letter of the law, your actions are deliiberatley calculated to "test the law" and elicit a reaction. Likewise, yourpostings andresponses here are also inteded to elicit a reaction.Regardless of how vehemently you protest this, you're antagonizing them; basically daring them to confront you due to your actions. You know it, I know it, and 99% of this board knows it. There is now way you'll ever convince me differently.

In light of this, it seemsto me thattheir BOLO is not intended as harrassment but rather intended to: A) your safety/warn their officers not to shoot you;B) remind their officers to mind their Ps and Qs so they don't get baited into a lawsuit (as you've already done); and C) officer safety/warn them that not every gun with an orange tip that they run across is aharmless plastic toy.

(With this last one, I kind of wonder how you'd feel if they shota childwho really did havea real toy gun with an orange-tipped muzzle. But that's not relevant to thread.)

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

curiousgb wrote:
You sir are a narcissistic, money grubbing, jerk off.
Easy buddy, who are you to judge what his intentions were? What happen to agree to disagree, what happen to our unstated mission statement of usGun owners,

"An ArmedSoceity is a Polite Soceity."

How is an AK47 a handgun?

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
The behavior is untolerable.

I just found out that Nashville issued a BOLO for me. I find it extremely distasteful that the police issue a BOLO for a private citizen who has no criminal record and has never said he had intentions to break any law. I wasn't looking for a confrontation. I was looking to be left alone. I wonder how many of you guys have bolos out on you?

IMO, if they wanted to make an advisory bulletin they should of simply informed the officers that ak-47's with 11.5 inch barrels and no stocks arehandguns.

metropolicebolo.jpg

Here is the recording I made. It is at about 4:00pm when I came upon the first ranger.

http://www.zshare.net/download/724303910e2e5ab6

Here is the call the first park ranger made to metro nashville police. This is after we talked and I showed him my handgun carry permit.

1st Ranger call to police.

Here is my call to police at around 4:50pm. At this point I had been held about 20 minutes (about 50-60 minutes if you count the time from contact with the first ranger). I was detained and they would not tell me why. They continued to hold me two hours more. So much for rights.

My call to police.

To top it all off Metro nashville doesn't have a copy of the arrest citation they filled out for me to sign. They must have "lost" it.:lol:
Ok, now I understand the hate/troll towards you, you are the guy walking around with a Navy Handgun in your hand, now an AK47 Handgun. It is your right to do that, I on the other hand choose to carry an XD40SC in a Serpa II when I open carry. I dress nice (causal) clothes, I often have my kids with me, so I do not look like a CGWAG!

Flyer22

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
curiousgb wrote:
He did nothing illegal and here you are justifying what he did like the antis justify your lack of a right to defend yourself.

If he ends up winning his case, and creates a favorable outcome that leans more towards what the 2nd Amendment means, you may insert your foot in your mouth and chew vigorously.
Legal and smart are not always the same. Personally, I wish that kwikrnu would move to California or some similar place. There are plenty of jurisdictions where his police-baiting could be put to better use than where he currently lives.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
Legal and smart are not always the same. Personally, I wish that kwikrnu would move to California or some similar place. There are plenty of jurisdictions where his police-baiting could be put to better use than where he currently lives.
So you are implying that citizens of this nation should defer to what is accepted as a social norm, i.e. "smart" or "acceptable", as they go about their daily lives and practice of their rights?

Would it shock you to know that a large demographic of people believe your open carry of a firearm is neither "smart", nor "acceptable"?

Your own purposeful translation of what is "smart" or "acceptable" may not necessarily reflect the mind of the majority, regardless its legal implications. Therefore all the hoping of wrongdoing done to you as an individual should be acceptable as well, so long as the majority disagrees with your open carry of a firearm, regardless the inclusion of such as an inalienable right, yes?

In his video, the female officer attempts to bait him.
In his video, the officers violate his rights.
In his video, he was detained for no purpose other than ignorance of law on behalf of LEO's.

All of this is "acceptable", because you refuse to see the serious parallels to your own activity. You echo the sheep.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

if you refuse to support people who are being illegally harassed by authorities because they have a personal disagreement with a legal behavior, then you are allowing a bulwark to fall that would otherwise stand as a protection to your legal activities that someone may not like. We despite personal disagreements must remember that we all stand behind the same walls that defend our liberties, anytime you allow that wall to be broken because you disagree with someone else who is behind it with you, you have created a weakness that can later be used against you.

M

McX

imported post

rights is rights, even if it's over the top, in my opinion. but this site is about conservative self preservation carry. that was the impression i got. blend, and form with society, just part of the flow, nothing to be seen here. the marvericks take the risk, but does their sacrifice, and sometimes shame it brings, validate the rewards? we can debate, but can't sit in judgement of that here. it's up to the courts to decide. handgun in the hand may constitute a threat to me, depending on how i read the situation. nuke on the hip, gets a wow from me, but i can't judge, i just want to blend. that's my bit. he must handle his end.

CPerdue

imported post

I guess what we have here is a conflict between:
1) those who believe the law is to be followed as written
2) those who want to change society by putting forward a very positive image of armed people

It isn't really smart of us to get into such a conflict, there has to be a way to advance both goals simultaneously or at least one without prejudicing the other. Ideas?

Kudos to the OP for getting off his couch and doing something, it isn't always comfortable to leave the herd.

C.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

Heck, I might as well chime in on this even though my opinion may not be be appreciated or even wanted.

I completely support the original poster. I could agree that what he did may be considered "baiting"; however, you cannot "bait" the innocent. The police use bait cars, parked in high crime areas and often stocked with seemingly valuable items, it may even have the keys in the ignition. Those who are of evil heart will attempt to steal the items or the car. Those who are of pure heart will not give it a second glance, or may even notify the police that there is a car parked with the keys still in it.

There are two ways for this to end. One, the suit will be lost and the police will be encouraged to continue their conduct. Or, two, the suit will be won, or settled out of court and the police will be discouraged in their conduct. One or the other, depending on the strength of the suit.

Admittedly, kwickrnu shouldn't be held in the same regard as Rosa Parks, he isn't going to bring about the great equality. Then again, Rosa Parks broke the law, the OP scrupulously obeyed its very letter.

The BOLO is a great thing, some officers may take it as a challenge, but I'll be willing to bet that when they see him they're going to weigh the prospect of his breaking the law against the prospect of being named in a law suit. Conveniently, they have even emphasized certain parts that they find to be important to their officers - -
(Valid Gun Permit)
NO CRIMINAL HISTORY
RECORDING
The ATF has confirmed that the weapon is considered a HANDGUN and LEGAL to carry with a valid gun permit.

Emphasis in the original should show what the police consider to be most notable, I suppose. Is the fact that an encounter is being recorded something that the police should find alarming for some reason?

From kwick's actions, I know what part of that action I'd be betting on.

Flyer22

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
Flyer22 wrote:
So you are implying that citizens of this nation should defer to what is accepted as a social norm, i.e. "smart" or "acceptable", as they go about their daily lives and practice of their rights?

Would it shock you to know that a large demographic of people believe your open carry of a firearm is neither "smart", nor "acceptable"?

Your own purposeful translation of what is "smart" or "acceptable" may not necessarily reflect the mind of the majority, regardless its legal implications. Therefore all the hoping of wrongdoing done to you as an individual should be acceptable as well, so long as the majority disagrees with your open carry of a firearm, regardless the inclusion of such as an inalienable right, yes?

In his video, the female officer attempts to bait him.
In his video, the officers violate his rights.
In his video, he was detained for no purpose other than ignorance of law on behalf of LEO's.

All of this is "acceptable", because you refuse to see the serious parallels to your own activity. You echo the sheep.
Generally speaking, traffic laws state that pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks. Nevertheless, it is smart to checkthe state oftraffic before walking into the street. Your position is tantamount to saying that a person should cross partway, and then see if he can trick cars into hitting him.