• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Rights NRA/Iowa Carry Bill Passes Out of Public Safety Committee

IA_farmboy

imported post

Ok, that's creepy. Straight Shooter and I posting similar comments at nearly the same time.

Do people still claim that Straight Shooter and I are the same person?

Max G

imported post

the REAL straight shooter wrote:
Max G wrote:
It's the NRA Bill HF 2255 that passed by 17-4. (HSB 721) This Shall Issue Bill is a good Bill. It's very similar to the Shall Issue Laws currently in effect in 36 or 37 States in the US.

It's too bad the Alaska Bill got shot down by a14-7 vote, but not surprising given the methods used to 'promote' this Bill. It wasn't a bad Bill, it just had no chance of passing as only 2 other States in the US have something similar today.

You don't pass any legislation by constantly knocking down other Bills. You pass legislation by promoting your own Bill.

I agree Max. Have you ever noticed How a handful of folks are attempting to shred the NRA bill, rather than being pround and honorable about their own?

This character trait and these actions should spell it out for everyone.

I'm glad the NRA is pushing this so hard. Should Iowans suffer arbitrary discrimination by an issuing official instead of "shall issue" as some of these folks apparently prefer?

Thanks for your insight Max. I agree.

Respectfully,

the REAL straight shooter

It is just a handful of folks from the IGO who post here and constantly trash the NRA and Iowa Carry. Obviously, they are very frustrated and have no clue how to promote their own Bill.

That's too bad, but then, Alaska Style has ZERO chance of passing in Iowa until we get Shall Issue passed first.

And the tactics used by IGOdoes more to harm our 2nd Amendment rights then Brady & Co could ever hope to do themselves.

Straight_Shooter

imported post

Max G wrote:
"It is just a handful of folks from the IGO who post here and constantly trash the NRA and Iowa Carry . . . . And the tactics used by IGOdoes more to harm our 2nd Amendment rights then Brady & Co could ever hope to do themselves.

Wow Maxie -

Just curious . . . do you ever read what you have written afterwards and have to think "man is that stupid?"

SS

Max G

imported post

Speaking of IGO tactics...

What happened to that nasty personal attack Topic Straight Shooter posted about Sean McClanahan?

Did the moderators actually delete this? Huh....that's a surprise. The IGO tactics are so terrible that their posts are even pulled from this website!

IGO, building a lot of support for their Bill, I see.

Straight_Shooter

imported post

Max G wrote:
Speaking of IGO tactics...

What happened to that nasty personal attack Topic Straight Shooter posted about Sean McClanahan?

Did the moderators actually delete this? Huh....that's a surprise. The IGO tactics are so terrible that their posts are even pulled from this website!

IGO, building a lot of support for their Bill, I see.

Yes Maxie, it is true . . . you are a chicken little, pipsqueek tattle tale whiner who can't standthe truth in public. . but . . . no matter. As I predicted all along, after all the flagellation and grandstanding, your ridiculous group has produced, once again, absolutely NOTHING in the way of CCW reform in Iowa . . . No doubt, though, that there will be something in the way of press releases telling us to support all the anti-gun pukes in the Iowa legislature, like Clel Baudler, next November,who are "good 'ol buddies with Iowa Carry"

Pathetic . . . simply pathetic.

You may think I am crowing . . . I am not. I am sad that little people like you are so thick that they can't see the truth standing right in front of their noses.

So . . . go ahead . . . what pathetic nothing of a post will you launch out with now that there is absolutely nothing left in your bag of worthless knowledge?

Ahhh . . . never mind . . . I won't read it anyway. . . and probably Iowa Carry members haven't come out of their state of shock yet to even listen to your cyberbabble.

BTW . . . be sure and run as fast as your chicken little legs can carry you to the website adminstrator and tell him that "mean nasty old Straight Shooter is saying bad things about me again."

Hell . . . I told them to take me off the website after your pathetic little stunt becauseI didn't want to be associated with the censorship of political speach. . . well . . . here I am.

SS