Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Man Arrested for Stockpiling Guns/Ammo

Post imported post

Here is the link to the original story: http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre..._man_with.html

A Manchester-by-the-Sea man who allegedly had a cache of weapons in his home told police he was preparing for Armageddon, authorities said.

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons. Just before 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Manchester-by-the Sea police executed a search warrant at 23 Bridge St., police said in a statement. Girard faces four counts of possession of an infernal device and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapon. Additional charges are pending, police said.
    “He indicated to police that he anticipated some form of Armageddon to take place shortly and he was getting prepared,” Police Chief Glenn McKiel said.
    In addition to the grenade-type devices, police found approximately 20 weapons, including high-powered rifles, shotguns, and handguns. All of the firearms were purchased and registered legally within the past 10 months, McKiel said.
    Girard, a computer consultant, had a Class A license, which enabled him to purchase large-capacity firearms. According to police, he was granted the permit without question.
    “He did not have a criminal record and there was no indication at the time [the permit] was issued that he shouldn’t have one,” McKiel said.
    McKiel added police are not allowed to ask applicants why they are seeking a firearms permit.
    Police also found a large collection of camouflage clothing, knives, bulletproof vests, helmets, and eight pairs of handcuffs in Girard’s home. They also discovered stockpiles of medicine and non-perishable foods. An illegal indoor shooting range was also found in the attic, police said.
    Police seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked Girard’s license to carry firearms.
    Tactical officers evacuated two other condominium units in Girard's building and brought residents to the police department while the search was completed.
    Salem District Court Judge Richard Mori ordered Girard held without bail after he pleaded not guilty at his arraignment this morning. Mori slated a dangerousness hearing for Feb. 12.

What I'm wondering is this: What did he do that warranted them to come and search his home? Was it just merely buying guns and ammo? I realize he shouldn't have had some of those things, but nonetheless it seems they didn't base their search on that, but rather on the fact that he was stockpiling weapons.

Post imported post

I hope someone will reply. I hope he was jacked for the grenades and other illegal stuff. Is the fact that I own six guns and I have several thousand rounds of ammo "in reserve" something that is going to get me put in jail?

Is there some law regarding how many guns and ammo you can have?

Anthony

Post imported post

False and misleading headline on this thread. Good job.

Post imported post

Daath 474 wrote:

What I'm wondering is this: What did he do that warranted them to come and search his home? Was it just merely buying guns and ammo? I realize he shouldn't have had some of those things, but nonetheless it seems they didn't base their search on that, but rather on the fact that he was stockpiling weapons.
    He either blabbed or bragged to his friends, or he was the victim of a sting when he purchased the "infernal device".

Busts like this usually start out on information being received that someone is stockpiling weapons and is looking for something to add that is illegal. He gets passed around and ends up with a police undercover who then offers what he wants. The rest is in the newspapers.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

These 'explosive pepper balls' are nothing more than paintballs with the equivalent of cayenne pepper in them... No more explosive than any other paintball..

and 'tear gas grenades'? Who gives a ****?!

The guy has a license to buy guns (because in MA you need one) but they arrest him for POSSESING BATONS?!@!
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Daath 474 wrote:

He either blabbed or bragged to his friends, or he was the victim of a sting when he purchased the "infernal device".

Busts like this usually start out on information being received that someone is stockpiling weapons and is looking for something to add that is illegal. He gets passed around and ends up with a police undercover who then offers what he wants. The rest is in the newspapers.
    Or posted his tinfoil hat rants on Opencarry.org. :shock: LOL.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Felony charges have been filed against one of the men arrested with a cache of weapons in their car near Sultan over the weekend.
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...p;slug=2336411

Man charged in weapons cache
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...p;slug=4010326

Tukwila man's 'safe room' packed with guns, saw-blade, mace
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/415176_STOCKPILE08.html

Looking for the Trifecta...

At least two men pistol-whipped and robbed a man
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...prmid=obinsite

A woman leaving work at Bellevue Commons around 5 p.m. Wednesday was pistol-whipped by a man
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Post imported post

Has a whole arsenal and is arrested for 4 clubs and non-lethal tear gas? Can we force Massachusetts to secede?

Post imported post

cynicist wrote:
    Has a whole arsenal and is arrested for 4 clubs and non-lethal tear gas? Can we force Massachusetts to secede?
    No, they have good espresso.

Post imported post

cynicist wrote:
    No, we don't want them to. We need that 41st vote in the Senate

Post imported post

deanf wrote:
    False and misleading headline on this thread. Good job.
    Sounds like something the Brady Bunch would do. :?

Post imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
    cynicist wrote:
    OK how about we just deport the 90% of the state's population that are leftists to Kalifornia & then make Kalifornia secede? :celebrate

Maybe we could throw in NYC & DC to sweeten the deal?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
    Richard6218 wrote:
    cynicist wrote:
    OK how about we just deport the 90% of the state's population that are leftists to Kalifornia & then make Kalifornia secede? :celebrate

Maybe we could throw in NYC & DC to sweeten the deal?
    DC would be a push, because they don't have a Senate seat. But losingKali-forn-i-a would get rid of Boxer and Feinstein. I kinda like that idea

Post imported post

Metalhead et al. could be on to something. Wouldn't it be great if Real America could find a way to sanitize our union (Boston area, Manhattan, LA, Frisco, Chicago. You get the picture).

Post imported post

Well, these are interesting. Consider this and every bit is true.

My father who is in his early 60's has over 300 firearms. Handguns, long guns, AR's, SKS, AK's, pre ban, post ban, etc... a definate collector but with many semi-auto sport rifles (see: 'assualt' if you are an anti ). And the ammo to match each firearm.

His son-in-law is US Secret Service, having spent time on POTUS detail. (see: he works for Big Brother....litterally!)

Now everything was purchased legally and my father is a perfect citizen.

Either these others have multiple illegal items or other problems. Or, my dad is next...LOL.:celebrate
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Many of you have accepted the FALSE PREMISE that "keeping" arms is subject to regulation..... HE HAD NO ILLEGAL WEAPONS ACCORDING TO THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!

What part of "Shall not be infringed" does everyone seem to happily IGNORE!!!

I swear... the reason why they can keep us all cowed like sheep is that we refuse to stand together...

Remember the immortal words of Ben Franklin... "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately!"

And the States DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO VIOLATE OUR INALIENABLE RIGHTS... because if they do... then nothing is sacred, we are all serfs and we might as well start the damn armed insurrection right now.

Stand now peacefully... or I guarantee you, we will not be able to avoid a violent revolution... John F Kennedy said it best when he said "Those that make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."

We cannot accept the false premise laid down for the past 200 years... we have to fight... demand our Liberty... and if they refuse us our basic, natural rights... we must take them.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    Many of you have accepted the FALSE PREMISE that "keeping" arms is subject to regulation..... HE HAD NO ILLEGAL WEAPONS ACCORDING TO THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!
    It isn't that we accept it, it is just the way it is. The Supreme Court states that reasonable regulation is allowed under the Constitution. Under our Constitution, it says what the SCOTUS says it says. They, and only they, have the final say on interpretation.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.
    I just want to know where it said he was arrested for having too many weapons or stockpiling weapons and ammo. It says that he was arrested for having tear gas grenades etc., nothing about guns. I will not disasree or argue about the legality of such weapons but he was not arrested for having too many guns as the OP tried to make it sound. This is the same tactics that the Brady Bunch uses and puts us in the same category.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Felony charges have been filed against one of the men arrested with a cache of weapons in their car near Sultan over the weekend.
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...p;slug=2336411

Man charged in weapons cache
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...p;slug=4010326

Unregistered guns????????

The drugs and other misc., good for the FEDs.

Illegal batons?? Can't we legally buy batons?? I believe so!!

Post imported post

Man this police state stuff is getting old, I'm still trying to find a free country to move to.

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
    It isn't that we accept it, it is just the way it is. The Supreme Court states that reasonable regulation is allowed under the Constitution. Under our Constitution, it says what the SCOTUS says it says. They, and only they, have the final say on interpretation.
    That's where you are completely and 100% wrong.... you've accepted a premise that was not there at the founding or ratification of the Constitution.

The truth is quite simple actually... and only people who do not like... or who hate our Constitution will tell you otherwise....

Article One, Section One of the Constitution says that ALL legislative authority is VESTED in the Congress. So, it’s Congress that “makes law”. It’s the legislative branch – NOT the judiciary – that is VESTED with lawmaking authority and therefore, cannot delegate.

So, no matter what... the SCOTUS does NOT MAKE LAW... all of its rulings are just opinions and have ZERO WEIGHT... save for whether or not the Congress actually wants to follow those suggestions... and then... they MUST be able to rationalize it against the most basic rights THEY have to actually make law.... Congress has 17 enumerated powers... and most of what they're doing now IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

A great example is ROE v WADE.... how in holy hell do you find a right to slaughter babies in the Constitution.... NOWHERE!!! Another example is the whole Health care debate.... No Constitutional right to mandate any kind of expenditure exists... yet they make us spend money anyway... Our governments have been bastardizing the Constitution and our Republic from its very beginning... and why? Because power corrupts... the moral busybodies have taken the reigns of power and are using the Whip of 'supposed law making authority' to pass any and all laws they like to their hearts desire completely ignoring the Constitution where it lays out their powers;

Congress only has the power to;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government (notfor the people)and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings; — And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

__________________________________________________ _______________

The rules the Congress makes are all for CONGRESS and GOVERNMENT... NOT FOR THE PEOPLE!!! And the SCOTUS has even fewer rights. The SCOTUS must ask for clarification from the Congress since Congress is the ONLY LAW MAKING BODY IN THIS COUNTRY...And, the Amendment process was put in place so that Congress could clarify points of contention or modify the Constitution for unseen future needs.... in no way was anything supposed to be "interpreted"... but rather, it was supposed to be taken at face value. No reading between the lines, no guessing at meaning, there was no need to guess.... our founders wrote many papers on the meaning behind the Constitution... one set of these are the Federalist Papers... maybe you've heard of them.

Again, you have accepted the premise that the SCOTUS has the last word on what the Constitution says... and this is just not true... in fact, nowhere in the Constitution is this authority granted to the SCOTUS.... so tell me... how is it they've so easily convinced you to become a serf once again?
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

The SCOTUS may not be a legislative authority, but the effect is the same. They have decided to make a system of precedents, which basically tells all other judges how to rule in related cases. If the SCOTUS hands down a ruling giving an "alternate interpretation" of the law, every other judge in the country is going to use that ruling as a guide in all similar cases.

So yeah, they're not making laws... technically. They're just re-defining the meaning of those laws as they apply to any cases that go to court, which effectively makes their "interpretation" = the law.

National healthcare wouldn't force anyone to pay for insurance at the federal level. This is how Congress gets around their limitations - they say "we're not making this law, but if any of you states want federal funding, you'll make this law by yourselves".

That's what makes it so difficult to decide whether or not to act - they're not *technically* breaking the law, just finding creative ways to weasel through it.

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    The SCOTUS may not be a legislative authority, but the effect is the same. They have decided to make a system of precedents, which basically tells all other judges how to rule in related cases. If the SCOTUS hands down a ruling giving an "alternate interpretation" of the law, every other judge in the country is going to use that ruling as a guide in all similar cases.

So yeah, they're not making laws... technically. They're just re-defining the meaning of those laws as they apply to any cases that go to court, which effectively makes their "interpretation" = the law.

National healthcare wouldn't force anyone to pay for insurance at the federal level. This is how Congress gets around their limitations - they say "we're not making this law, but if any of you states want federal funding, you'll make this law by yourselves".

That's what makes it so difficult to decide whether or not to act - they're not *technically* breaking the law, just finding creative ways to weasel through it.
    And is the reason why we must dissolve this government by completely getting rid of EVERY Bureaucracy and starting over with a clean slate.... unfortunately, we may very well get the chance to do this in a very messy and violent way if our government refuses to stop spending and completely bankrupts the country.... We have no idea what the effect of millions of those stuck on the government teat for survival will do when the spigot runs dry and they're out of food in a week... what happens when no Federal employee gets paid because the government has no money?

And.... turning back to the issue at hand... above is the end result of a government and judiciary NOT ADHERING strictly to the Constitution.... their hubris and unconstitutional behavior is the reason why we are headed right off a cliff. The SCOTUS making it up as they go along calling it 'precedent' is so offensive to those of us who KNOW the Constitution and know the wishes of the Founding Fathers and the various reasons behind the original framework of the Constitution. We know that if things do not change soon... bad things... very bad things are waiting for us just around the bend. People seem to think that things won't change... or that if they are going to change... that those changes are decades off... what people don't understand is that those changes we were told are decades off.... you know, like Social Security going bust... are happening NOW...

SCOTUS says are legit? The laws that are supposedly "Common Sense" gun laws are just as wrong and just as dangerous as those laws that kill babies or steal from the youth to give to the old for votes "SS and Medicare" or steal from everyone to give to the poor "Welfare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, WIC, etc".

The reason why I rail against all these laws... and against any sort of gun law is because we're ALWAYS getting smashed by the "UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES!" There is no such thing as a "Common sense" gun law... I mean, when did restrictions on guns ever stop bad guys? This argument cannot be restricted to JUST GUN laws or they'll just come at us laterally. E.G. they make a tax law that requires an extreme tax on a particular weapon which then gives them the ability to regulate it and force us to jump through hoops to get it... and then, at every hoop, they can deny us.[i][i]

Post imported post

When you find one please do let me know. This country may be lousy in a lot of ways, this in particular, but it sure as hell beats whatever is in second place. How about this: instead of bitching about it, why don't we try to save it from the statists?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Fascinating, but something that did not happen in Washington State...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast