• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry in Nevada

neuroblades

imported post

My friend and I are currently in the process of getting our CCDW in Kentucky and will be travelling to Florida on vacation in a few months. We are wondering if the state of Florida recognizes other states CCDW's.

Sabotage70

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
My friend and I are currently in the process of getting our CCDW in Kentucky and will be travelling to Florida on vacation in a few months.  We are wondering if the state of Florida recognizes other states CCDW's.

Here's a link.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/

And if your going to florida you might want to post in the florida board.

neuroblades

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
neuroblades wrote:
My friend and I are currently in the process of getting our CCDW in Kentucky and will be travelling to Florida on vacation in a few months. We are wondering if the state of Florida recognizes other states CCDW's.

Here's a link.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/

And if your going to florida you might want to post in the florida board.

Ooops, sorry about that Sabotage70, I'll explain. *LOL*

There are 2 sets of friends asking me to go on vacation with them. My best friends & he lady are going to Florida. My other, a female friend & her childhood best friend want me to come away to Las Vegas the month after.

When I posted this, I copied & pasted my Florida post and forgot to change it to Nevada. So I meant to ask about the CC laws there. I've been told by an attorney friend that it was legal and Nevada recognized the Kentucky CCDW. Was also wondering about OC there as well.

I'll check out the site you posted above but wanted word from the horses mouth, so to speak. *LOL*

neuroblades

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Pursuant to the Department of Public Safety Website at http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml Nevada currently accepts CCWs from the following states for non-residents. Residents must have a Nevada permit.

Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
Ohio
Tennessee
West Virginia
Thank you timf343. I check out the link Sabotage posted and to my dismay, NV doesn't accept ours but we accept NV. Oh well, don't guess we'll be hit Las Vegas afterall. *LOL*