Thread: gun show questions

Post imported post

i want to take my ak to the gun show to find a 10/30 magazine for it that fits tighter than the crap 10 rounder one it came with.

how would i go about bringing it to the show?

and is there anyone who is planning on going??

id be more than willing to pick you up in exchange for some company haha

Post imported post

Go ahead and bring it. You can carry it slung over your shoulder. They will check the rifle at the entrance and make sure its unloaded. They may also put a zip tie and tag through the receiver, so you may not be able to insert a mag.

Do not under any circumstances bring or buy any ammunition for your AK at the gun show. Ammo for other calibers is fine.

Code:
    (g) No person at a gun show or event, other than security
    personnel or sworn peace officers, shall possess at the same time
    both a firearm and ammunition that is designed to be fired in the
    firearm.  Vendors having those items at the show for sale or
    exhibition are exempt from this prohibition.
    http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12071.4.html
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

Cool. But darn about the sip tie cause i really wanna find a mag that fits the rifle tightly lol thanks for the info

Banned

Post imported post

They wouldn't by any chance be able to cut the zip tie if you hand it to an FFL for "repairs" on the spot?

Post imported post

Yea? Maybe i should bring my own zip ties to replace em

Post imported post

how can they put a zip tie through a mag-well that has a non-detachable mag in it?

edit: i mean to say that at the door you can say "sorry, my mag doesnt come out unless i disassemble the gun"

maybe they will let you walk around with one of those yellow things that shows it clear, then jus "dissassemble" it while shopping and fitting mags.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

Its got an ak bullet button but ill take it withput the crap one it came with

Post imported post

leoffensive wrote:
    i know (assumed until you confirmed) that it had a bullet button. im just saying, if you want to go shopping for a new mag, just tell them at the door that you have to dissassemble your gun inorder to remove the mag, maybe they wont make you and you can shop around for some new mags without the stupid zip tie.

the bullet button has made your magazine non-detachable, you must use a tool to take it out, meaning it is otherwise perminantly attached unless dissassembled. even if dissassemble means slide the bullet over your trigger well.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    leoffensive wrote:
    i know (assumed until you confirmed) that it had a bullet button. im just saying, if you want to go shopping for a new mag, just tell them at the door that you have to dissassemble your gun inorder to remove the mag, maybe they wont make you and you can shop around for some new mags without the stupid zip tie.

the bullet button has made your magazine non-detachable, you must use a tool to take it out, meaning it is otherwise perminantly attached unless dissassembled. even if dissassemble means slide the bullet over your trigger well.
    Since the standard tool to use with a bullet button is a bullet for the firearm in question, and bringing ammuntion for the firearm in your posession into the gun show is a crime, just tell them it is illegal for you to bring the tool normally used to disassemble the firearm into the gun show with you.

Post imported post

yea sorry for the poor typing from my iphone.

ill mention to them that im shopping for a mag. and ill probably bring an allen wrench or something like that as the tool.

so anyone down to go with me??