• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want to open carry but....

shad0wfax

imported post

chevysoldier wrote:
I posted this in ohioCCW.org as well, but what to see what responses I get from a more OC aimed site.

I want to open carry but I am afraid that if I walk into an establishment while open carrying, they will protest and tell me to leave. Now that's totally their choice and right to do. But I don't want to create even more CPZs. Is it better to CC than OC in the aspect of the business not knowing you are armed so you can continue to carry there? What they don't know won't hurt them right? But what they do know could hurt us? Make sense? Thoughts?

PS I don't want this to become a tactical advantages/disadvantages of OC v. CC. Only on the businesses point of view on a armed citizen. Thanks.
My take on that is, walk in like you would if you were CCing or not carrying at all. In other words, walk in as if this is completely normal behavior for you. If anyone asks you to leave, ask politely to speak with a manager. If the manager asks you to leave, politely leave and don't patronize that business again.

It's really not a big deal at all. Just make sure that you know your state's laws well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost - it is normalizing, gaining acceptance through regular every day occurrences.

We have seen a reduction in our rights by not taking positive steps to protect them. OCing is not for everybody, but it is the best form of silent, effort free (IMO) public relations exposure available. Say what you will - it does make a statement - it does deliver a message.

Yata hey