• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Gun Bills & Their Status

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Here is what's up from Olympia as of 2/9/10 Watch out for SHB 2778 Domestic violence it is going to HURT if this gets through!

SHB 2226 Retired law enforcement Orcutt STILL ACTIVE
SHB 2499 Black powder Bailey STILL ACTIVE
SHB 2778 Domestic violence Goodman STILL ACTIVE

HB 1604 Firearm noise suppressors Condotta DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2264 Gun show firearms sales Williams DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2477 Criminal firearm use Williams DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2703 Sport shooting ranges Takko DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2709 State firearms freedom act Shea DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2711 Right to protection act Shea DIED IN COMMITTEE
:celebrateSB 6396 Assault weapons Kline DIED IN COMMITTEE

SB 6473 Right to protection Stevens DIED IN COMMITTEE

shad0wfax

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Here is what's up from Olympia as of 2/9/10 Watch out for SHB 2778 Domestic violence it is going to HURT if this gets through!

SHB 2226 Retired law enforcement Orcutt STILL ACTIVE
SHB 2499 Black powder Bailey STILL ACTIVE
SHB 2778 Domestic violence Goodman STILL ACTIVE

HB 1604 Firearm noise suppressors Condotta DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2264 Gun show firearms sales Williams DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2477 Criminal firearm use Williams DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2703 Sport shooting ranges Takko DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2709 State firearms freedom act Shea DIED IN COMMITTEE
HB 2711 Right to protection act Shea DIED IN COMMITTEE
:celebrateSB 6396 Assault weapons Kline DIED IN COMMITTEE

SB 6473 Right to protection Stevens DIED IN COMMITTEE
What bothers me in SHB 2226 and SHB 2778 is that that they allow for an association to establish models for legal compliance after the legislation has passed.

That seems dangerous to me, since we don't know what their model will be until after the legislation is already on the books. Why are our legislators allowing a non-governmental association to set policy or standards on existing legislation?

It reminds me of the BATFE and their constant reinterpretation of what is and what isn't a Title II weapon or what is or isn't a "foreign made assault rifle."

amzbrady

imported post

Anyone see McGinns Comments on the news today about the Seattle parks gun ban?

“I am disappointed in today’s ruling. Cities should have the right to restrict guns in playgrounds, pools and community centers where children are present. The court’s ruling was based on a state law, RCW 9.41.290, which preempts Seattle from regulating the possession of firearms. It’s time for the state Legislature to change that law.”

http://westseattleblog.com/2010/02/judge-shoots-down-seattle-parks-gun-ban