• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gander Mountain

Tao

imported post

As much as I give them (very deserved) criticism for their gun related pricing, you have to give them serious credit for being overtly supportive of defensive carry.

I was so pleased to see a sign like that, same as others here, I snapped this pic at the Novi store:

img9203-1.jpg

Yooper

imported post

Tao wrote:
As much as I give them (very deserved) criticism for their gun related pricing, you have to give them serious credit for being overtly supportive of defensive carry.

I was so pleased to see a sign like that, same as others here, I snapped this pic at the Novi store:

img9203-1.jpg

I notice this sign doesn't mention OC. The one @ the Marquette store specifically states the OC is OK

craigm

imported post

Tao wrote:
I'd agree that whoever makes their corporate policies certainly respects the gun laws. Maybethey're pro-carry, maybe they know they stand to lose a lot of business by not supporting our right to carry. Regardless, I like the policy.

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Agreed. Supposedly Bass Pro shop was in the process of changing their signs to reflect the same message. Not sure if they have yet or not.
they already have...i was there thursday and saw the sign...

Yooper

imported post

RabbiVJ wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
Agreed.  Supposedly Bass Pro shop was in the process of changing their signs to reflect the same message. Not sure if they have yet or not.
they already have...i was there thursday and saw the sign...

Well, I'm sure my 2 "local" Bass Pro shops won't have any OCers, since they are located in IL. The 3rd closest one will I'm sure since it's located in Indiana. And you confirmed that the 4th closest one already does.

Tao

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
That is the old sign.. they are slowly being replaced with the new one when they get sun faded.
For the sake of thoroughness, and because I wanted to get some hands on time with a gun I'm looking to buy, I stopped by Gander in Novi the other day. New sign:

IMG00391.jpg