• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manchester by the sea man arrested for having too many guns?

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

anmut wrote:
That is unreal. I would like to know how the police got the information that he was making bombs?
I don't see anything in the story that alleges he was "making bombs." Just that he had "explosive pepper ball projectiles."

Heh... kinda funny with all his guns, they apparently think the most horrible things are tear gas and police batons. Sounds like they went on a fishing expedition.

protias

imported post

I had no idea it was illegal to own several firearms and bullet proof vests. /sarcasm

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
everything he had, you can buy LEGALLY online. yup, even the tear gas. :cry: what happen to America ? now it's Amerika , the police state.:cry: sad.
Not in every state. Tear gas is not legal to possess in Wisconsin for non-LEO.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
everything he had, you can buy LEGALLY online. yup, even the tear gas. :cry: what happen to America ? now it's Amerika , the police state.:cry: sad.
Not in every state. Tear gas is not legal to possess in Wisconsin for non-LEO.
Maybe so, but I know of 3 online sources that I could order it from..:) He must have been telling the wrong people about his preps. Otherwise how would they have known. Cops still always over react ....Amerika:?

jvd5695

imported post

Since when do you have to have a reason for doing anything legal in this country?

I have enough food to last me a couple months if I ration and well past 5 digits worth of ammo sitting around. Does that make me a nutjob?

I would rather have and not need than need and not have.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jvd5695 wrote:
Since when do you have to have a reason for doing anything legal in this country?

I have enough food to last me a couple months if I ration and well past 5 digits worth of ammo sitting around. Does that make me a nutjob?

I would rather have and not need than need and not have.
i am in the same situation as you. :)

Landose_theghost

imported post

I agree, this was a "quik we need a warrant" fishing expedition. This is almost as bad as Waco, or Ruby Ridge,aside from a senseless slaughter that is. If I was this guy I would be filing a serious civil suit against the dept/state for this blatent violation of civil liberites.

Oh sorry, I forgot about all the dangerous teargas and nightsticks they got off the street. Now that's police work right there!:celebrate

apierce918

imported post

i saw somethingon this earlier, also on TV, but therewas more to the story.

the guy was ratted out by his wife who thought he was going off the deepend and she was afraid to return home. police would have got the warrant based on what the wife said he had. the guy lived in a duplex, and was telling neighbors not to be alarmed if they heard what sounded like gunshots.

he would shoot his rifles in the attic at an armor plate (they said illegal, i dont know what the laws are about that)...so imo that would make him dangerous.

the wife then got a restraining order against him.

Old Grump

imported post

Don't forget he had 4 illegal sticks so he must have been a criminal. It didn't say what caliber or gauge those police batons were but I assume they must have been high powered and high capacity. He was right, he just didn't know that the agents of Armageddon were the police.

Town of Manchester-by-the-Sea's motto is
“Community Spirited”, they just don't want to much spirit.

From their Web site I was pleased to learn that:

[size="+1"]
Since becoming a full-time, “24-7”, police agency in 1897, the Manchester-by-the-Sea Police Department has endeavored to change with the times. We are proud of the accomplishments we have achieved that makes our department an organization of distinction. There are those who have gone before us who should rightfully share this honor because of their professionalism and commitment. It is up to those who follow to continue to carry the torch in the Spirit of this rich tradition.

I feel better now.

[/size]