• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VPC wants to disarm African Americans!

paramedic70002

imported post

[/b]
http://www.vpc.org/studies/blackhomicide10.pdf

PDF page 8/Document page 6, last sentence:

"Successful efforts to reduce America’s black
homicide toll must put a focus on reducing access to firearms."

Pajamas Media Violence Policy Center: Reinstate the Black Codes?

The Violence Policy Center (VPC) — the anti-gun rights group that Barack Obama repeatedly voted to fund while he was a director of the Joyce Foundation — believes that African-Americans are too violent to deserve the entire Constitution. Thus, it wants to reduce their access to firearms. From the Violence Policy Center’s latest report:

Blacks in the United States are disproportionately affected by homicide. For the year 2007, blacks represented 13 percent of the nation’s population, yet accounted for 49 percent of all homicide victims.

As noted at the beginning of this study, the devastation homicide inflicts on black teens and adults is a national crisis, yet it is all too often ignored outside of affected communities.

For blacks, like all victims of homicide, guns — usually handguns — are far and away the number one murder tool. Successful efforts to reduce America’s black homicide toll must put a focus on reducing access to firearms.

For an organization to make a public declaration that suggests an entire race be denied the same level of constitutional protections as others is both shocking and bewildering. The study received financing from left-wing groups dedicated to social engineering, including the David Bohnett Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, and the Public Welfare Foundation.

While progressive groups such as these typically have a stated goal of helping underprivileged minority communities, some of their attempts to affect what they view as positive social change can be viewed by critics as ham-handed and condescending — or, as in this instance, verging on outright racist.

The VPC and the left-wing foundations that bankroll it have decided that black-on-black crime is unacceptably high, and they believe the best way to handle that is to make it more difficult for African-Americans to legally obtain handguns.

The VPC refuses to even touch on the cultural issues that are the most significant variable in the massive discrepancy between the rate of black homicide victims (20.86 per 100,000) and white homicide victims (3.11 per 100,000). The VPC also won’t acknowledge that the vast majority of African-American homicide victims are murdered by young African-American men. Identifying, targeting, and removing the cultural factors that most specifically contribute to this problem would seem to be the most responsible way to decrease the excessive violence rates, but the VPC’s goal clearly isn’t problem resolution.

Calls to limit the access of African-Americans to firearms specifically echo the “black codes” adopted immediately at the end of the Civil War. These laws were passed in southern states in response to the Thirteenth Amendment’s outlawing of slavery, and were specifically engineered to circumscribe the civil rights and liberties of newly freed slaves and freemen. The codes assured the second-class status of African-Americans, and were a forerunner to decades of “separate but equal” segregation under Jim Crow laws — which were only overcome during the civil rights movement of the 1960s. Among the codes commonly passed were laws that forbid or restricted the ownership of firearms by African-Americans. The codes were “justified” with the explanation that African-Americans did not have the same rights as white citizens.

The Ku Klux Klan and similar groups were active in attempting to disarm blacks in the post-war South, and United States v. Cruikshank gave paramilitary racist mobs carte blanche to disarm African-American communities. This left them nearly defenseless to decades of lynchings, assaults, indignity, and, in several dozen instances, full-fledged “race riots” that are more accurately described as massacres. Most of these rampages occurred with the full knowledge of local and state governments. The 1898 Wilmington race riot was carried out with the full knowledge and indifference of both North Carolina Governor Daniel Lindsay Russell and President William McKinley.

One can only hope that Josh Sugarman, executive director of the Violence Policy Center, is completely ignorant of the many mob actions and the thousands of deaths that resulted from laws that stripped African-Americans of their rights and liberties. Considering his long-running and strident anti-gun advocacy, it seems likely that Sugarman and the organization are well aware of history but made a political calculation in asking that African-Americans be disarmed.

The goal of the Violence Policy Center in this report is the goal of the group in every report it has ever issued: an erosion of gun rights for all Americans, with the ultimate goal being the prohibition of all firearms save those under state control. Towards that totalitarian end, the VPC does not seem to have any qualms about advocating a return to racist policies that left African-American communities helpless targets for most of a century. Nor does Sugarman or his group explain how disarming law-abiding blacks will make them anything other than victims for those that refuse to follow existing prohibitions against murder.

The David Bohnett Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, and the Public Welfare Foundation were all contacted this week by Pajamas Media and asked whether or not they stood behind the Violence Policy Center’s call to limit the rights and liberties of African-Americans.

Not one of these organizations has responded with a condemnation of the VPC’s conclusions.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Who is going to put pressure on the VPC for being racist and wanting to deny minorities their rights? Haven't heard a thing from the mainstream media...

Scrub

imported post

I agree that these statements are very racist, but I read their idea of reducing access to handguns a little differently. Based on VPC's track record on gun rights, as I was reading it, I assumed that they wanted to reduce everyone's access to handguns in order to decrease violence in the black community. Maybe I read it wrong? What do you think? I do however agree that they are ignoring cultural issues that should be addressed.

The Donkey

imported post

Scrub wrote:
I agree that these statements are very racist, but I read their idea of reducing access to handguns a little differently. Based on VPC's track record on gun rights, as I was reading it, I assumed that they wanted to reduce everyone's access to handguns in order to decrease violence in the black community. Maybe I read it wrong? What do you think? I do however agree that they are ignoring cultural issues that should be addressed.

I read it the same way.

I wonder though, what are these "cultural issues" that nobody wants to talk about?

XD40coyote

imported post

As per the "cultural issues",the problem is not the guns, but the rap and gangsta culture. However the basic underlying problem is the prohibition and "war on drugs". Remove the cash cow, and you remove most of the violence. The overall ghetto culture would need to change as well, such as the revulsion for education.Unless these problems are resolved, the gangbangers will ALWAYS have guns and ALWAYS run amok with them.

Much of the black community is so brainwashed, they think gun control is good. I know this from my middle class black friend, and what my mother has heard from her black co-workers. My friend loves guns and his grandma also owns guns. His grandma grew up during the Jim Crow times in NC, and knows the value of a gun for self defense. Her daughter and grandaughter however have been brainwashed.It seems the black churches are teaching this crap, and the NAACP etc just back it up.

Scrub

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
As per the "cultural issues",the problem is not the guns, but the rap and gangsta culture. However the basic underlying problem is the prohibition and "war on drugs". Remove the cash cow, and you remove most of the violence. The overall ghetto culture would need to change as well, such as the revulsion for education.Unless these problems are resolved, the gangbangers will ALWAYS have guns and ALWAYS run amok with them.

Much of the black community is so brainwashed, they think gun control is good. I know this from my middle class black friend, and what my mother has heard from her black co-workers. My friend loves guns and his grandma also owns guns. His grandma grew up during the Jim Crow times in NC, and knows the value of a gun for self defense. Her daughter and grandaughter however have been brainwashed.It seems the black churches are teaching this crap, and the NAACP etc just back it up.

+1 my friend. You articulated the issues clearly I believe.

Deanimator

imported post

Long experience in usenet has shown me that a big chunk of the anti-gun movement isn't afraid of guns. They're afraid of Black people with guns. They feel completely at liberty to use the crudest racial slurs to any Black person who won't obey a White man (and I DO mean MAN) who ORDERS them to support traditionally racist gun controls.

Their attitudes toward Jews, women and gays are similar.

Scratch an anti-gunner, find a Klansman.

sovereigngrace

imported post

This world is so messed up.
The Government doesn't care about anyone. People are just statistics to them.

Shovelhead

imported post

Barack Obama at a recent rural elementary school assembly in East Texas, asked the audience for total quiet.

Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands once every few seconds, holding the audience in total silence.

Then he said into the microphone, 'Children, every time I clap my hands together, a child in America dies from gun violence.'

Then, little Richard Earl, with a proud East Texas drawl, pierced the quiet and said:

''Well, moron, ......stop clapping!"

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
As per the "cultural issues",the problem is not the guns, but the rap and gangsta culture. However the basic underlying problem is the prohibition and "war on drugs". Remove the cash cow, and you remove most of the violence. The overall ghetto culture would need to change as well, such as the revulsion for education. Unless these problems are resolved, the gangbangers will ALWAYS have guns and ALWAYS run amok with them.

Much of the black community is so brainwashed, they think gun control is good. I know this from my middle class black friend, and what my mother has heard from her black co-workers. My friend loves guns and his grandma also owns guns. His grandma grew up during the Jim Crow times in NC, and knows the value of a gun for self defense. Her daughter and grandaughter however have been brainwashed. It seems the black churches are teaching this crap, and the NAACP etc just back it up.

I'll have to agree there, being black and having grown up in a predominantly black church, many blacks are "brainwashed" indeed. The focus on the general level, though, is centered around disarming gangbangers, drug dealers, and other criminals in the inner-city that directly affect these communities in question. That is a noble cause, however, the brainwashing comes into play when legislation is proposed and put on dockets that restrict access to guns and ammunition for all people.

Anti-gun organizations and persons misconstrue issues that have another set of more plausible solutions and attempt (and sometimes they do) to solve it by pushing their specific agenda, to these communities, as the proper solution. It is an agenda in the realm of poppycock and it calls for a total ban.

The difference between now and organizations in the past, like the KKK, was that those organizations were politically connected in such a way that they could guarantee access to firearms for themselves and their cronies. Of course, that may indeed be the case now. For instance, NC State Senator, R.C. Soles. Then you have people that seem to think that the ONLY people qualified and capable to responsibly carry firearms are the police and military.

Such a sad messed up world indeed.

diggy485

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
What a total piece of crap document!

And then I made the mistake of going to the VPC.org homepage! Great, now I need to find the mouthwash...
It's hard to believe that people actually believe this swill. i actually laughed out loud when i was reading some of the headline topics at the top of that .pdf... WOW..

1245A Defender

imported post

Shovelhead wrote:
Barack Obama at a recent rural elementary school assembly in East Texas, asked the audience for total quiet.

Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands once every few seconds, holding the audience in total silence.

Then he said into the microphone, 'Children, every time I clap my hands together, a child in America dies from gun violence.'

Then, little Richard Earl, with a proud East Texas drawl, pierced the quiet and said:

you just gotta find and post a link to that!!!!!!! PLEEESE

okboomer

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Long experience in usenet has shown me that a big chunk of the anti-gun movement isn't afraid of guns. They're afraid of Black people with guns. They feel completely at liberty to use the crudest racial slurs to any Black person who won't obey a White man (and I DO mean MAN) who ORDERS them to support traditionally racist gun controls.

Their attitudes toward Jews, women and gays are similar.

Scratch an anti-gunner, find a Klansman.
Amen ... I have also found this to be true ... but not necessarily a Klansman so much as an elitist liberal white man ... present company exclueded of course :cool:You know the kind, some are more equal than others and it starts with them ... just ask Rosie O'Donnell how many armed bodyguards she needs these days :lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Shovelhead wrote:

It's just a joke, it never really happened. I've heard it told with other names inserted in place of Obama.

1245A Defender

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
Shovelhead wrote:

It's just a joke, it never really happened. I've heard it told with other names inserted in place of Obama.
thank you t hawk