• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC at Starbucks make Political Cartoon in LA Times

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Cameron wrote:
heliopolissolutions wrote:
I sorta meant the reference to law enforcement cousel. That part made me go: o_O

yeah me too... cause I think that means... if LE's say... don't allow it, Starbucks might change their mind. But luckily (at least currently) the laws are on our side.
I think they're smarter and more experienced than that. But it perhaps could happen. I believe what they mean by "counsel of law enforcement" is by taking instructions, suggestions, and observations under consideration as I would expect anyone or any companyto do (consideration is merely being open to the idea, but you don't have to follow it).

Cameron

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Cameron wrote:
heliopolissolutions wrote:
I sorta meant the reference to law enforcement cousel. That part made me go: o_O

yeah me too... cause I think that means... if LE's say... don't allow it, Starbucks might change their mind. But luckily (at least currently) the laws are on our side.
I think they're smarter and more experienced than that.  But it perhaps could happen.  I believe what they mean by "counsel of law enforcement" is by taking instructions, suggestions, and observations under consideration as I would expect anyone or any company to do (consideration is merely being open to the idea, but you don't have to follow it).

I truly hope that is the case. I'm honestly not to worried about it at the moment, thus far Starbucks has been great to not hinder "our" cause.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This almost makes me wish I had bought a coffee and taken a picture at the Starbucks located in the Forbidden City (Beijing, China).

I would not be so bold as to say that Starbucks is "gun-friendly" as much they are just not gun-unfriendly.

Cameron

imported post

Theseus wrote:
I would not be so bold as to say that Starbucks is "gun-friendly" as much they are just not gun-unfriendly.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. They're at least not unfriendly at the moment... who knows about tomorrow. It's not like they are going to stand up and announce they are Pro-2A and start helping with the movement. Though, we can always hope :D