• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Locked Threads and Freedom

Should threads be locked on a site dedicated to defending individual liberty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'm offended by the question

• Total voters

T Vance

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
T Vance wrote:
WaltherP99C wrote:
WaltherP99C wrote:
Are you saying that Michigan_Man and WaltherP99c are the same person?
You realize you're talking to yourself there right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt8j6o_ZGC4&feature=related

LMFAO!!!!

"Roger that b^%$h. Next time get off the f^&*ing runway"

Still LMFAO!!!

"Ready for takeoff. Wait. Didn't you f&*(ing crash and die that one day? I am back b%^&h"

Michigan_Man

imported post

Is this how you avoid giving direct answers to direction questions? WaltherP99c asked a simple question and you did the intellectual equivalent of taking your shirt off and running through the sprinklers. He asked you a very plain question, do you think he and I are one in the same? At the moment, no answer has been provided.

T Vance

imported post

Michigan_Man wrote:
Is this how you avoid giving direct answers to direction questions? WaltherP99c asked a simple question and you did the intellectual equivalent of taking your shirt off and running through the sprinklers. He asked you a very plain question, do you think he and I are one in the same? At the moment, no answer has been provided.
I love running through the sprinklers, but I prefer to use my Crocodile Mile.

Michigan_Man

imported post

The topic is that a few immature people on this website spent a great deal of time and effort insulting a few other people and after being proven wrong they proceeded to double down and issue new insults. These insults included a not so veiled accusation that WaltherP99c had created an addition account to pretend that he had more support than that which actually exists, a clear attack on his character. Now when faced with a direct question requiring a direct answer they further evade the issue by jumping up and down and demonstrating their immaturity.

I believe that is an accurate summary. These are men of low character who spent most of debate attempting to intentionally degrade and humiliate others for the purpose of defending a man who acted inappropriately by violating the trust of a man willing to aid Open Carry. Now when faced with a direct question requiring a direct answer they attempt to distract everyone from all their insults, rude behavior, and any rational discourse by any means available to them. A potential ally has been betrayed, many members have been insulted, and now the people responsible are attempting to end the discussion by continuing it exclusively in the form of irrationality thereby making any further rational conversation on the matter look like the beating of a dead horse. You have been asked a question, now answer it.

I started this thread in particular to discuss the freedom of speech and the topic of mutual respect and decency. I appeal to the fairness and intelligence of the audience to draw their own conclusions on that matter.

G

imported post

Michigan_Man wrote:
The topic is that a few immature people on this website spent a great deal of time and effort insulting a few other people and after being proven wrong they proceeded to double down and issue new insults. These insults included a not so veiled accusation that WaltherP99c had created an addition account to pretend that he had more support than that which actually exists, a clear attack on his character. Now when faced with a direct question requiring a direct answer they further evade the issue by jumping up and down and demonstrating their immaturity.

I believe that is an accurate summary. These are men of low character who spent most of debate attempting to intentionally degrade and humiliate others for the purpose of defending a man who acted inappropriately by violating the trust of a man willing to aid Open Carry. Now when faced with a direct question requiring a direct answer they attempt to distract everyone from all their insults, rude behavior, and any rational discourse by any means available to them. A potential ally has been betrayed, many members have been insulted, and now the people responsible are attempting to end the discussion by continuing it exclusively in the form of irrationality thereby making any further rational conversation on the matter look like the beating of a dead horse. You have been asked a question, now answer it.

I started this thread in particular to discuss the freedom of speech and the topic of mutual respect and decency. I appeal to the fairness and intelligence of the audience to draw their own conclusions on that matter.
meh

mikestilly

imported post

I see someone posting with an agenda and the person keeps posting about people and avoiding the discussion of the topic. You got one thread locked now it's looking like you're going to get this one locked. What's your point? Nobody lied to the business! The fact exists that you never know who's going to show up to an event posted on the internet or what they will bring with them. Bad communication maybe but you pointing fingers at people needs to stop! If you don't like it you're free to leave here whenever you want but if you're going to attack people I'm going to keep calling you out! You know who you are.

Michigan_Man

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I see someone posting with an agenda and the person keeps posting about people and avoiding the discussion of the topic. You got one thread locked now it's looking like you're going to get this one locked. What's your point? Nobody lied to the business! The fact exists that you never know who's going to show up to an event posted on the internet or what they will bring with them. Bad communication maybe but you pointing fingers at people needs to stop! If you don't like it you're free to leave here whenever you want but if you're going to attack people I'm going to keep calling you out! You know who you are.
Not really. Are you talking to me or are you talking to WaltherP99c? His point from what I can tell is that intentional or not (from what I've read he doesn't think the group did anything intentional but the individual with the rifle did) the group organized an open carry event under false pretenses. From my personal judgment after watching the video it seems clear to me that the group didn't think that "oh we can't control the people who show up." They seemed to have no problem with the guy and even seemed to join him in voluntarily detaining themselves by the cops to stage a press event. Here's the video, does it look like they think there is anything wrong with the guy who has the rifle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YilytOvgbrU&feature=related

The officer asks the manager or owner or whoever was at the door in the video if he wants these people in his establishment. He says no. The officers then wait at the scene, not apparently detaining anyone (even though everyone there on the video seems to be cocking an attitude and protesting about how they are being detained while they stand there, guns on hips and hands not in cuffs), and wait for a commanding officer to arrive to sort out a situation involving people with guns being thrown out of a restaurant. The cops would have been irresponsible to leave a scene were a group of men with guns were just thrown out who remain standing in front of the building, don't you think? WaltherP99c seems to make the point that from this raw footage and photos taken by the group it can be concluded that the person with the rifle was a part of the group, that from his private conversation with this person his intentions to cause an incident were clear (which means he knew ahead of time that his behavior was not expected), from the news story it is clear that the manager/owner/whoever said the rifle was too much, and from an update posted on the last thread it is clear that while the owner has no hard feelings, he will not allow open carry again because of this incident. WaltherP99c seems to be making the point that regardless of plans before, the acceptance of the rifle toting man into the OC group that was there shows a disregard for the rights of the owner of the Pondarosa.

My point was quite different though. I don't remember if I posted at all in the previous thread, but I started this one to talk about the childish insults, the freedom of speech, mutual respect, and honesty in representing ourselves. I don't like to see such petty and childish behavior, I don't like to see dishonestly, and I certainly don't like my own character being called into question simply because I come to a man's defense (nor should his character be challenged with the accusation of creating a pseudonym, accusations which refuse to be made openly where they can be refuted). So if you wish to "call me out" on something then do it, engage me, present your argument, but don't try to shut down conversation just because you don't like it.

ghostrider

imported post

Michigan_Man wrote:

"I don't care if I had to use inaccuracies and misinformation to make my point. My point still remains! Why won't you people listen to me!"

FYI,
Around here, you need to have your facts straight. People on these boards tend to be sticklers for such things for a very good reason. It also helps to state a point, and using misinformation only weakens it. Of course, I'm guessing this will go completely over your head, but at least I tried. I suppose.