• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody See This Link From Drudgereport?

KansasKraut

imported post

Hey all. I was making my usual rounds of various news websites this morning when I came across this link on Drudge. Are so many LEOs like this idiot or does it just seem that way? This article seems to give credence to the old axiom that power corrupts. Check it out-

Cop takes heat for Facebook remarks; 'Turds will jack him for his gun in a heartbeat!'

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14361484?nclick_check=1

Lurchiron

imported post

Certainly a bad choice of words by the officer, but I think what he was trying to say was; why would anyone choose to walk through a bad part of town with an unloaded weapon? That just puts up a big "jack me, I'm stupid" sign to all the hood-rats looking to pick-up an easy score...eh?

jwayne972

imported post

Actually, from what I read of the article, the officer was actually ridiculing the OCer for not going into the bad parts of the city. Then he went on to describe his fantasy of putting OCers on the ground face down and shooting them in the back with his AR if they moved. I'd say a little more than a bad choice of words.

Lurchiron

imported post

jwayne972 wrote:
Actually, from what I read of the article, the officer was actually ridiculing the OCer for not going into the bad parts of the city. Then he went on to describe his fantasy of putting OCers on the ground face down and shooting them in the back with his AR if they moved. I'd say a little more than a bad choice of words.
I think we're chewing the same piece of fat, only from different ends. Again...why would you walk through the bad part of town with an unloaded gun?

jwayne972

imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
jwayne972 wrote:
I think we're chewing the same piece of fat, only from different ends. Again...why would you walk through the bad part of town with an unloaded gun?
My question is why would an LEO encourage walking through the bad part of town with an unloaded firearm? Only because he wishes harm upon the OCer, is the obvious answer.

Lurchiron

imported post

Not encouraging...but trying to make a comparison between OCing in a non/low crime area, and OCing in "da hood".

Why would anyone walk through the bad part of town with an unloaded weapon???

jwayne972

imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
Not encouraging...but trying to make a comparison between OCing in a non/low crime area, and OCing in "da hood".
Alright, a comparison,albeit in bad taste. I'll give him that. Please explain how you see the rest of his statements as a "bad choice of words", and not take offense to the fact that he portrays himself as someone who would like to murder an innocent OCer, for being just that. An Open Carry supporter.

Lurchiron

imported post

jwayne972 wrote:
Lurchiron wrote:
Alright, a comparison,albeit in bad taste. I'll give him that. Please explain how you see the rest of his statements as a "bad choice of words", and not take offense to the fact that he portrays himself as someone who would like to murder an innocent OCer, for being just that. An Open Carry supporter.
I take it in the context that he was communicating with a friend; and got a swelled head while trying to brag himself up. Definetly a case of, the wrong keyboard at the wrong time.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Lurchiron wrote:

I asked myself the same question.
Gentlemen, the more salient question is "Why would the state require by law that an individual walk through the bad part of town with an unloaded weapon?"

Absolutely unconscionable if you ask me.

Lurchiron

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Landose_theghost wrote:
Lurchiron wrote:

I asked myself the same question.
Gentlemen, the more salient question is "Why would the state require by law that an individual walk through the bad part of town with an unloaded weapon?"

Absolutely unconscionable if you ask me.
That is the $64,000 question right on the head. By Kalifornia-law, one would be "styling" with a ballpeen hammer & hammer holder rig. Low bucks=big bangs.

Landose_theghost

imported post

You've got to love theNation Of Kalifornia, All those Anti-gun laws, all those caliber/capacity limitations (got 2 love the Kali legalAR with the 10 rnd internal mags! :lol:), and yet they still have a problem with gangbangers getting guns and shooting police/eachother? Call me stupid, but I wonder if they don't give a fcuk about ANY gun law/limitation because they are criminals?, and by definition a criminal is someone who doesn't obey the law in the 1st place, therefore wont obey any new law enacted? :banghead:This is frustrating to think about...