• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lending or Loaning a Firearm in CT

Leverdude

imported post

Not sure if there are any forms. As long as the person has a permit theres no issue, if he doesn't I'm not sure if you commit a crime by lending him one either. I think the crime would be commited by the borrower. That said I wouldn't let a person outside my family borrow a gun outside my presence.

dynotime

imported post

Thanks for that reply, My brother wants to take my Mod 27, 375 to the Range. He has a Connecticut CCW Permit.

I would think that as long as the gun is not stolen and the person in possession has a CCW permit all should be ok.

I have gone over the state Statues and cannot find anything on this, but it is easy to over look when searching the Statues.

Leverdude

imported post

You'll be fine. So far we dont register our handguns here in CT so if you have a permit you can carry any handgun as long as you arent breaking any other laws. Just like you can drive any car as long as its not stolen or anything.

GoldCoaster

imported post

If he has his permit, has not become a prohibited person since the last time it got renewed (and you'd probably know it) then if he has the pistol with your permission he's all set.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

dynotime wrote:
Thanks for that reply, My brother wants to take my Mod 27, 375 to the Range. He has a Connecticut CCW Permit.

I would think that as long as the gun is not stolen and the person in possession has a CCW permit all should be ok.

I have gone over the state Statues and cannot find anything on this, but it is easy to over look when searching the Statues.
I am just being a stickler here, but Connecticut does not issue a CCW permit.
The letters CCW stand for CONCEALD CARRY weapon permit.

Connecticut issues a permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers.

I understand that most do call it a CCW since other states do issue such a permit, and it is just the terminology used. I just feel that on OC.org we should use the correct terminology to stress the fact that we do live in OC state :D

dynotime

imported post

Yes Lenny you are correct.... for now.
And as we all know that being Right does get you arrested in the state of Connecticut. I for one will not carry open, even thought I know I can carry OPEN, just not worth the time and effort to go to court along with the cost. I hope the DPS does not get there WAY and turn the state into a CCW state. What we need is a ruling from the the AG or the Pistol Permit Board on this matter and have that ruling sent down to all the local and State Police. Please up date me on this matter if there is a ruling and were I can download it. Thanks

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

It is still early in this years Legislative session. As of now there has been no mention of the proposed DPS written legislation that mandates concealment. We "The CCDL" have met with legislators on the boards that will see these bills as soon as they show up in Hartford. They are friends of CCDL and will keep us posted when/if anything unacceptable to gun owners appears up there.

That being said, now I will address the other statement that you made

" And as we all know that being Right does get you arrested in the state of Connecticut"

Posting on the OC forum I would assume that you know who the last person arrested for carrying a gun was and when it happened. If you do not...give it a little while and you will have people writing a book out here telling you all about it. Or you might even get a few dozen links to threads on here discussing it.

As for OCing you will find that many on this forum do it DAILY with nobody getting arrested, or even hassled for it.

This is a thread I started about OC in my town. Please read all the posts you may find it interesting.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum14/31843.html

Carry On!

Lenny Benedetto
Vice President
Connecticut Citizens
Defense League, Inc.