• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Palo Alto cop takes heat for Facebook remarks

T Vance

imported post

From the article...

"Sounds like you had someone practicing their 2nd amendment rights last night!" Tuason wrote. "Should've pulled the AR out and prone them all out! And if one of them makes a furtive movement ... 2 weeks off!!!"

Sounds like a reason to OC more than a handgun.

His comments are ridiculous! But it's OK, he was a Marine!

"Sometimes sacastic or off color humor should be best kept in the confines of those you can confide in," the poster wrote. "I forgot the golden rule of whos watching and listenting to you! I know i ruffled alot of feathers by making that comment! But as a person i did not mean no harm to anyone. Those that know me know my form of humor after all i'm a former Marine!"

T Vance

malignity

imported post

BGordon42 wrote:
Unfortunately, this illustrates that even former military personnel have the capacity to be tools.

Now, for the litigous faction; did this officer or did this officer not just conspire to commit murder?

Doesn't matter, he's an officer, he's above the law. :uhoh:

Bronson

imported post

Here's my favorite reply regarding this subject over at Bersa Talk.
Scoff all you want at those guys, call them stupid. They are doing something, in their community, to get their laws changed and their rights back. Way more street cred to me than some dudes sniveling on the internet about how bad it is over there, or why open carry in the first place. We should be grateful that there are people willing to get their guns jacked, by thugs or cops.

Get off the intarwebs and walk a mile in their shoes instead of saying what they are doing is all wrong.
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

PS, this is directed at all of you who think open carry is an unnecessary right because you don't want to. I would love to live to see the day when I can walk peacefully down 5th Avenue in Manhattan with a Model 29 on my hip. It starts with these guys in CA with the balls to do something.
http://www.bersatalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4200&p=43660#p43660
Bronson