• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle reporter needs open carrier to meet him at a Starbucks for a story RIGHT NOW - ASAP!

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks I noticed most comments are in our favor. One said I was brandishing a gun in Starbucks....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thanks I noticed most comments are in our favor. One said I was brandishing a gun in Starbucks....

Here is the issue, most of the sheep do not know the law, the RCW's, the USC, they just watch tv shows and read the mainstream, liberal, biased newsmedia.

We know the law and keep up on the law and we know that brandishing is not what we are doing. Hopefully stories like this help to educate a few as to what are the specifics of the law.

M

McX

imported post

"How am I to know if you are an angry nut job, a criminal or an actual superhero with a gun?"

what about the 'none of the above' category?

Dave Workman

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

Dave, any word on Kirkpatrick's stance on 2A, OC, park gun ban if she get's the Seattle job?

The process really hasn't started yet and while she's said she will apply, she hasn't applied yet, far as I know.
I need to check with some sources in Spokane about her.

She was at Federal Way and I don't think she was our buddy

DEROS72

imported post

I just got this E-mail from the head of one of the VA programs here in Seattle.....

Jim,

Saw you on TV--you came across great. I suspect those who are opposed to "open carry" are very anxious liberals. Who you cant reason with--they fear guns. And some (too many) would ban guns totally.
Hopefully,our state laws --which for the most part--protect legal right to bear arms--will remain in effect.

Aryk45XD

imported post

They're right, Jim, you came out great. Good comments on the story too. Looks like the antis plan pretty much backfired. :celebrate On another note, I've only tried Starbucks with friends twice for personal reasons. I guess guess I'm going to have to sit down and think it out with a nice cup of coffee by my job. :cool:

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks boss might be a good idea to show all the financial support for them as possible.

uncoolperson

imported post

Something I was thinking about yesterday.

Ever notice how us "extremists" treat businesses that don't care for guns.
we generally try to reason, educated other "extremists" that the business is not friendly (allow others to avoid hassle), spend our money elsewhere.

Instead the reasonable masses resort to name calling, false threats, and blowing it out of proportion.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
Something I was thinking about yesterday.

Ever notice how us "extremists" treat businesses that don't care for guns.
we generally try to reason, educated other "extremists" that the business is not friendly (allow others to avoid hassle), spend our money elsewhere.

Instead the reasonable masses resort to name calling, false threats, and blowing it out of proportion.
It pretty well marks the difference between maturity and child like behavior. Some of us out-grow the sand box while others don't.

DEROS72

imported post

As a matter of fact I will be downtown again tomorrow for presurgery tests .Bookman is with me and I plan to go to a Starbucks downtown afterword .tests should be over about 1:30 or 2 and probaly the same one Squeak and I went in near the Seattle U.I can't remember what street its on...Near Sweedish hosp.Maybe I'll post that in the comments on the KING 5 story .See if anyone will join me for an afternoo coffee.