• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Security Guards watch girl get beaten

brad9point0

imported post

Not to say the acts of the guards are right but many security companies have specific policy to OBSERVE AND REPORT ONLY. Many companies will terminate any employee that intervenes in any act like this. I would have happily lost my job to stop this.

I have been in management of private security for 10 years now and this is not the first time something like this has happened. I have personally seen this more then once, just locally.

Sad...

coolusername2007

imported post

This video just exemplifies the fact that most security companies and guards do nothing more than provide a false sense of security. Its a sinisteragenda to disarm the public, the law-abiding, then place false industries in place as a feel good measure.

I feel bad for this girl, she had to learn the hard way that in this day and age people will not stand up and do the right thing when needed. Its been the progessive agenda to teach and ingrain in society to not fight back, to not defend, to do nothing. Its pervasive all throughtout society, even those paid to provide "security". I for oneintend to teach my kids to defend themselves...no matter what.

dirtykoala

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
This video just exemplifies the fact that most security companies and guards do nothing more than provide a false sense of security. Its a sinisteragenda to disarm the public, the law-abiding, then place false industries in place as a feel good measure.

I feel bad for this girl, she had to learn the hard way that in this day and age people will not stand up and do the right thing when needed. Its been the progessive agenda to teach and ingrain in society to not fight back, to not defend, to do nothing. Its pervasive all throughtout society, even those paid to provide "security". I for oneintend to teach my kids to defend themselves...no matter what.
sadly, doing the right thing can often lead to civil litigation. i still havnt seen the video, but maybe the security guard was thinking "if i try to help, i might get fired and/or sued by one of the parties involved"

chewy352

imported post

It is more than likely not the security's job to intervene but to get all of the information he can and call the police. Security officers have no more legal authority than any other citizen.

The company I work for has a strict policy about arrests and I would be terminated if I ever went hands on with someone. However when hired I told my boss that if someones life was in danger my morals would require me to help them even if I wasn't wearing the uniform. He replied that he could respect that but i would be immediately terminated.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
sadly, doing the right thing can often lead to civil litigation. i still havnt seen the video, but maybe the security guard was thinking "if i try to help, i might get fired and/or sued by one of the parties involved"
No. The security guards are soulless losers. There are 3 of them, and they don't stop one girl from stomping on the head of another girl. Disgusting all around.

leoffensive

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
No. The security guards are soulless losers. There are 3 of them, and they don't stop one girl from stomping on the head of another girl. Disgusting all around.

if i saw that happen to someone at my night job id step in and jack up that other girl. i wouldnt care if i lost my job thats total bull right there.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

That was horrific! How could you just stand within a foot of the attack and not do anything?! That is beyond my understanding.

Why call them "Security Guards" if they are guarding nothing and ensuring the security of nothing?

And the LEO who implied that the security guards did nothing wrong?

"To him who knows to do good and does it not, to him it is sin."

dirtykoala

imported post

if someone told me they would give me $300k to stand on one leg for a year, and on day 364 that was in front of me, i would "put my foot down"

Sons of Liberty

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
if someone told me they would give me $300k to stand on one leg for a year, and on day 364 that was in front of me, i would "put my foot down"
If you're saying that there are things worth being fired over, I agree. No one is guaranteed a job nor does the world end if you lose a job. The sun rises and we generally find other work.

crash5150

imported post

Security Guards are not required to step in. If they do, they are open to civil liability, just like any of us stepping in to help someone. If they act inappropriately, they could be arrested and charged for a crime.

I worked security for a short time. It was a joke. They prefer you not have anything but a cell phone and a uniform. You get paid min wage or near min wage, and are a target to violence because of the uniform and no way to defend yourself. In the "in house training" they instructed the guards to not intervene in ANY WAY or face instant termination. You are only to observe, record, and report.

Honestly.. if i was unarmed.. I woulda done the same thing. If I was armed, I might do something if I was sure I'd win.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

crash5150 wrote:
Honestly.. if i was unarmed.. I woulda done the same thing. If I was armed, I might do something if I was sure I'd win.

So you would have only intervened to stop a skinny teenaged girl if you had a gun?

I understand your point though.

The real atrocity is the policy of the security company. No one should be staffed for security if they are instructed/forced not to do anything. They are no different from security cameras with a watchful eye. Then you would at least have fewer people in harms way if something serious did go down. A security company that provides personnel on site should be providing someone to keep order and peace not to just to observe and report. It seems like a waste of money and manpower and completely useless.

crash5150

imported post

Only if I was armed and with at least another armed guard. What if one of her girl friends had a gun. No one to watch my back or to even the playing field.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

crash5150 wrote:
Only if I was armed and with at least another armed guard. What if one of her girl friends had a gun. No one to watch my back or to even the playing field.
Well, I see that point, but I guess this is why most people are told to observe and report then. Cause they all could have had guns and whether you had your gun and an armed-friend with you, you all probably would be dead. Things happen, we pick and we choose, it is natural as we are only human.

bigtoe416

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
But surely for $10/hr and a nice neon green vest you'd continue to stand there, right? I mean, it's NEON!

This incident is unfortunately representative of our society today. Nobody feels empowered to do anything which is ethically correct as long as somebody else has told us to do it. Clearly Milgram's experiment and the Nuremberg Trials have taught us nothing.

Follow your superior's orders. Do everything you can to keep your job. Ignore gross injustices. These are the marching orders of cowards of everybody present in this fight turned beating.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

IMO the attitude that one should not get involved is the reason things like the Holocaust can occur. Yes, I feel that strongly about it, and yes, I just invoked Godwin's Law.