• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unanswered questions regarding the Second Amendment

Edward Peruta

imported post

With all the different scenarios discussed on this website, I have taken the time to think beyond the Chicago case and created a list of the different areas that will have to be addressed or resolved in the future.

I could be wrong, but my gut is telling methat if the Second Amendment applies to the states, there will be many old questions that need to be answered and many existing policies and practices that will have to be changed or litigated.

I have tried without success to find ALL the current cases that involve Second Amendment issues and can't get an accurate list of what is currently in the pipeline.

Here is what I currently believe:

The Connecticut Goldberg and Kuck cases both of which were heard by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals on September 17, 2009 may be the first decisions rendered by a U.S. Appellate Court following the soon to be arguedChicago Case and any decision that follows.

There are other federal cases in the pipeline at various stages, but I don't see anythat are in the position of Goldberg and Kuck.

I could be wrong, but hope I'm right.

The Heller Decision – Established that the Second Amendment is an individual right in Federal Jurisdictions

The Chicago case – Will determine if the Second Amendment applies to individual States and Territories

Unresolved questions and issues that may find there way into the Federal Court System if the Second Amendment is Incorporated to the states.
[/b]

Minimum age to purchase, possess and Carry Firearms

Minimum documentation and circumstances required to purchase, possess or carry firearms.

The limits and conditions on confronting, stopping or detaining individuals who possess or carry firearms legally.

The use or threatened useof force or authority to detain individuals who possess or carry firearms legally

Limits or restrictions on the seizure of permits to carry

Limits or restrictions on the seizure of weapons from non-prohibited individuals

Appeals and due process rights regardinggovernment actions which deny the right to purchase, possess or carry firearms.

Limits or restrictions on Selling and Purchasing Firearms

Limits on Firearm Dealers

Restrictions or conditions on the storage of Firearms

Restrictions or conditions regarding the manner and locations for carrying firearms

Transporting Firearms and the right to travel

Licenses and Permits by individuals including low income and indigent individuals

Fees regarding any permits or licenses regarding the purchase, possession or carrying of Firearms

Specific types of Firearms and ammunitionallowed or prohibited under the second amendment

Reciprocity on the purchase, possession or carrying of Firearms

Purchase, possession or carrying of firearms by homeless individuals

Purchase, possession or carrying of firearms by those who live in Recreational Vehicles

Purchase, possession or carrying of firearms by those with disabilities

Edward Peruta

imported post

I am again posting after doing some research on what is happening around the country.

I'm sure that I have missed something, but feel that this PDF file may help others who may watch court cases.

This PDF lists some of the court cases I've reviewed:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

On Thursday, February 18, 2010 the Supreme court of the state of Washington decided in an 8-1 decision that the 2nd Amendment applies to the state of Washington. Maybe this decision will give other states the gumption to "pony up".