• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have you ever wondered about BOLO be on the lookout advisory reports ?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I always thought they issued these reports when looking for wanted people. You know criminals with warrants or those who have committed a crime and are wanted.

Well, the police in Nashville are using themagainst law abiding citizens who open carry and have audio recording devices. I imagine I'm not the only one who has had one of these put out about them. I edited my DOB, handgun carry permit number and picture.

metropolicebolo.jpg

M

McX

imported post

well, at least it had some positive points highlighted in red. my instructors always said why is something red? because it's #^%$&*ing important! still...........................one adam 12, one adam 12, see the man...........

CarryOpen

imported post

I think this was a good thing. It (mostly) didn't paint you in a negative light and simply said "Hey, this guy is legal". I don't think they have a "Be On Look Out For Legal Activity" reports, so they used what they do have to inform officers that you're legit.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When one deliberately goes about looking to draw attention to self, sometimes they get more than they want.

Actions have consequences. You don't get to pick and choose which ones to deal with, either.

Go whine somewhere else.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'd say its a good thing for 2 reasons, it can keep something unpleasant from happening to you, and if it doesn't it exacerbates the penalty for harm done to you, because they should have known better.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK, wait a second. Openly carrying a 1911 on your hip through a crowded mallis one thing. I think it should be done more often, by more people. That said, openly carrying a weapon like this

1) Scares the hell out of people, and even some of us who like guns. We aren't living in Peshawar.

2) There is no excuse to carry a weapon like this in an urban or even slightly populated area. It makes no tactical sense. It's ergonomics alone make it unwieldy, and the ballistics endanger people unseen through multiple walls.

The only result I can see coming from this will be popular rejection of our goals, and demands for bans on such guns. People are getting used to seeing handguns on citizens, cops are getting the message too. People will not be happy to have Waziristan come to Springfield, why not just carry an RPG Replica?

Dumb idea, just carry a glock. It scares the moonbats, but doesn't raise eyebrows of lucid people. If I saw a guy walking around a mall with a f^&$*n sawed of AK looking weapon, I'd question his sanity, and the cops are correct to be on the lookout for you.:what:

Just to be clear though, I would not care if society got to a point where somone carrying a full blown AK through the mall went unnoticed, but we are NO WHERE near that point. In order to get to that point we have to either be incremental, and gradually get people used to it. Or have society collapse and have the only people left alive be the ones carrying Kalashnikovs, M4's, andSAWs around. I prefer the former.

canadian

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
So why the "valid gun permit" in quotation marks?
All that means is, instead of just sneaking up behind you and shooting you in the back, they will call for 30 of their buddies and harass you for an hour, hoping you'll give them an excuse to shoot you in the back.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran

Blackburn

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Leonard,

As hard as you've tried to hide your identidy, it looks like it keeps popping up here and there on the internet.

Did you pose for channel 2 "That's Messed UP"?

http://thatismessedup.com/2010/02/12/gun-owner-says-its-messed-up-that-he-was-stopped-for-carrying-a-handgun-in-belle-meade/

Ya know leonard, you might aught to be careful packing that AK pistol around in public. Somebody might mistake you for an Islamic Terrorist. :lol:
Invoking http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Powerword pretty hard, aren'tcha?

(That says enough about you, but I shall continue)

So what if he removes his DL # and information of that nature? Do you want to know his SSN as well so you can get up to some mischief?

What are your motivations here? Have you ever accepted money or services from an anti-gun organization? Can you prove that you haven't? What do you plan to do, in the event that I start addressing you by your name, or perhaps by the color of your house? ;)

Be careful, brah.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Though I haven't agreed 100% on Leonard's methodsthroughout his OC expeditions, he was in fact within the law and therefore I voted for him.--it was a tough call.