Thread: Seattle's King 5 News covers OpenCarry.org member Jim Beal getting some Starbucks!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Post imported post

Hit the poll on the right of the page.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The ridiculousness of some of those comments are astounding.

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:
    The ridiculousness of some of those comments are astounding.
    Some of them really spot on and very well articulated. :celebrate

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I left a comment that either didn't make it or was removed. . . interesting.

Post imported post

Let's ban hot coffee next.

What is the reasoning again? That if you don't get your overpriced coffee you'll shoot the barista?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Arm the baristas, too...problem solved.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.

Arm the bikini barista's too!

Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

labteche wrote:
    Hit the poll on the right of the page.
    Done... I've made extra trips to Starbucks.. I support who supports me.

Post imported post

Thanks for the video link

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

The poll currently stands at 92% against the gun ban.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    The poll currently stands at 92% against the gun ban.
    Can we find the 8% in favor of crime and post their whereabouts for the criminals. I am only thinking it would be beneficial to the criminals if they knew of the unarmed victims so as they would not be wounded or killed and take up room in the courts, hospitals, criminal justice system or graveyards.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.

Arm the bikini barista's too!

I'm working on this at the places near me, but most of the girls just don't want to wear a belt with a bikini, they feel it would "clash"

Seriously tho, I worry for the safety of these girls (bikini or not) that work 90% of these coffee kiosks. They are prime targets for assault. Only a very few I have talked to carry off the job, and none while on the job (at least that they are willing to admit) but at least most DO have pepper spray behind the counter while they are working.

One said she kept her gun in her car (about 50ft away) while she was working because she didn't know her employers policy on carrying concealed while in the kiosk, and was afraid to ask.

Its a sad social mentality that brings on such apprehension to the detriment of ones own safety concerns.

Post imported post

GO STARBUCKS GO!!! Now if they could only make a coffee that smells like Hoppes #9!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

FMCDH,

They could wear a small unobtrusive revolver (Chief's Special snubby) or a small semi-auto (KelTec/Beretta) in a SOB carry location, so it'd never be seen from the front or side...yet always be there if needed.

It's a shame the "the law" puts us in danger, which IMO, it entirely OPPOSITE of what "the law" is suppose to do: Protect us.

A gun in the car is just another Suzanna Gratia Hupp incident waiting to happen...and the sorry corporation -- after the incident is over and fades from the news -- is never sued/held responsible for it's criminal negligence in failing to protect it's employees (or students in schools), and just goes about hiringnew employees to replace the dead ones...and never hires armed security guards, and never changes its no-guns policies for employees.

That's criminal.

-- John D.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Still @ 92% against:

• Yes 8% (115)
    • No 92% (1373)

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    FMCDH,

They could wear a small unobtrusive revolver (Chief's Special snubby) or a small semi-auto (KelTec/Beretta) in a SOB carry location, so it'd never be seen from the front or side...yet always be there if needed.

It's a shame the "the law" puts us in danger, which IMO, it entirely OPPOSITE of what "the law" is suppose to do: Protect us.

A gun in the car is just another Suzanna Gratia Hupp incident waiting to happen...and the sorry corporation -- after the incident is over and fades from the news -- is never sued/held responsible for it's criminal negligence in failing to protect it's employees (or students in schools), and just goes about hiringnew employees to replace the dead ones...and never hires armed security guards, and never changes its no-guns policies for employees.

That's criminal.

-- John D.
    Heck, they could wear a Desert Eagle strapped across their tummies for all I care.
    I think a woman wearing a pistol is sexy.

In-fact, there is a girl at one of the bikini kiosks that has a full sized revolver tattooed on her left front hip.

When I complimented her on it and asked if she carried she said she was looking to get her "permit" soon, and I gave her some info on where to go to get it done. I think she was just stroking my ego however, because the next time I saw her a few weeks later, she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about when I asked her if she had submitted her application. :?

Most of the woman I have talked to seem genuinely surprised that Washington is a "shall issue" state, and many assumed that they had to have a good reason. Being educated didnt seem to do anything to prompt them to buy or apply however.

O well. :quirky

Post imported post

hter has a .Bersa .380 she keeps under her bed.She is going to get her cpl .When she was expecting her first child I asked her what she wanted for the baby.She said maybe it's about time I have something to protect myself and my child.So for a shower gift I got her the Bersa and she knows how to use it.She is a branch manager for a major bank and can't carry into work but wants the option of at least having it in the car .She is often the last one leaving and in her position thought protection would be a good thing.I have 3 daughters and they were all taught to shoot when they were kids.By the way My daughter doesn't have a problem with carry in her branch.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

"Being educated didnt seem to do anything to prompt them to buy or apply however." -- FMCDH

By definition, most people are very average/run-with-the-herd types (sheeple), and so for such people, bad things need to happen to themor someone close to them provide the wake up call. They're probably the same kind of people who put better locks on their doors AFTER their first burglary and AFTER all their stuff is stolen...maybe. So by nature, they do nothing proactive...andfigure that crime is something that happens to someone else, never them.

Naturally, Starbucks would never let their baristas carry...I was just kidding about that point.

-- John D.

Post imported post

Starbucks ,you just got one new customer! and i dont even like coffee...

Post imported post

The educational system has failed--FAILED all of those who posted those ridiculous comments on that news page...Here are some of the more ridiculous comments:

I wish people would grow a backbone for a change and quit allowing themselves to be brainwashed by a gutless, cowardly organization that wants to turn this nation into a nation of helpless victims left to the mercy of criminals and the government, and lately I make little distinction between the two.

Post imported post

Star bucks has my business.

Banned

Post imported post

If you appreciate Starbucks not prohibiting self-defense and have a Facebook account, might I suggest you become a fan of theirs and maybe post a comment? http://www.facebook.com/Starbucks

Not that they need it...
    Starbucks: 5,824,545 fans
    Massacres, Coffee & Tea: 35,925 fans