• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle's King 5 News covers OpenCarry.org member Jim Beal getting some Starbucks!

Pace

imported post

Let's ban hot coffee next.

What is the reasoning again? That if you don't get your overpriced coffee you'll shoot the barista?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Arm the baristas, too...problem solved. ;)

-- John D.

Arm the bikini barista's too!
drinking%20cofee.gif

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bookman wrote:
The poll currently stands at 92% against the gun ban.
Can we find the 8% in favor of crime and post their whereabouts for the criminals. I am only thinking it would be beneficial to the criminals if they knew of the unarmed victims so as they would not be wounded or killed and take up room in the courts, hospitals, criminal justice system or graveyards.:monkey

FMCDH

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
cloudcroft wrote:
Arm the baristas, too...problem solved. ;)

-- John D.

Arm the bikini barista's too!
drinking%20cofee.gif
I'm working on this at the places near me, but most of the girls just don't want to wear a belt with a bikini, they feel it would "clash" ;)

Seriously tho, I worry for the safety of these girls (bikini or not) that work 90% of these coffee kiosks. They are prime targets for assault. Only a very few I have talked to carry off the job, and none while on the job (at least that they are willing to admit) but at least most DO have pepper spray behind the counter while they are working.

One said she kept her gun in her car (about 50ft away) while she was working because she didn't know her employers policy on carrying concealed while in the kiosk, and was afraid to ask.

Its a sad social mentality that brings on such apprehension to the detriment of ones own safety concerns.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

FMCDH,

They could wear a small unobtrusive revolver (Chief's Special snubby) or a small semi-auto (KelTec/Beretta) in a SOB carry location, so it'd never be seen from the front or side...yet always be there if needed.

It's a shame the "the law" puts us in danger, which IMO, it entirely OPPOSITE of what "the law" is suppose to do: Protect us.

A gun in the car is just another Suzanna Gratia Hupp incident waiting to happen...and the sorry corporation -- after the incident is over and fades from the news -- is never sued/held responsible for it's criminal negligence in failing to protect it's employees (or students in schools), and just goes about hiringnew employees to replace the dead ones...and never hires armed security guards, and never changes its no-guns policies for employees.

That's criminal.

-- John D.

FMCDH

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
FMCDH,

They could wear a small unobtrusive revolver (Chief's Special snubby) or a small semi-auto (KelTec/Beretta) in a SOB carry location, so it'd never be seen from the front or side...yet always be there if needed.

It's a shame the "the law" puts us in danger, which IMO, it entirely OPPOSITE of what "the law" is suppose to do: Protect us.

A gun in the car is just another Suzanna Gratia Hupp incident waiting to happen...and the sorry corporation -- after the incident is over and fades from the news -- is never sued/held responsible for it's criminal negligence in failing to protect it's employees (or students in schools), and just goes about hiringnew employees to replace the dead ones...and never hires armed security guards, and never changes its no-guns policies for employees.

That's criminal.

-- John D.
Heck, they could wear a Desert Eagle strapped across their tummies for all I care. :D
I think a woman wearing a pistol is sexy.

In-fact, there is a girl at one of the bikini kiosks that has a full sized revolver tattooed on her left front hip.

When I complimented her on it and asked if she carried she said she was looking to get her "permit" soon, and I gave her some info on where to go to get it done. I think she was just stroking my ego however, because the next time I saw her a few weeks later, she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about when I asked her if she had submitted her application. :?

Most of the woman I have talked to seem genuinely surprised that Washington is a "shall issue" state, and many assumed that they had to have a good reason. Being educated didnt seem to do anything to prompt them to buy or apply however.

O well. :quirky

DEROS72

imported post

hter has a .Bersa .380 she keeps under her bed.She is going to get her cpl .When she was expecting her first child I asked her what she wanted for the baby.She said maybe it's about time I have something to protect myself and my child.So for a shower gift I got her the Bersa and she knows how to use it.She is a branch manager for a major bank and can't carry into work but wants the option of at least having it in the car .She is often the last one leaving and in her position thought protection would be a good thing.I have 3 daughters and they were all taught to shoot when they were kids.By the way My daughter doesn't have a problem with carry in her branch.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"Being educated didnt seem to do anything to prompt them to buy or apply however." -- FMCDH

By definition, most people are very average/run-with-the-herd types (sheeple), and so for such people, bad things need to happen to themor someone close to them provide the wake up call. They're probably the same kind of people who put better locks on their doors AFTER their first burglary and AFTER all their stuff is stolen...maybe. So by nature, they do nothing proactive...andfigure that crime is something that happens to someone else, never them.

Naturally, Starbucks would never let their baristas carry...I was just kidding about that point.

-- John D.