• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party

Summit_Ace

imported post

For those who live near Vernon parish you might want to check this group out. I just found out about them a few days ago. I went to the last meeting they had and was very impressed. They are a new group who started in Noveber with about 13 people. the meeting I went to had about 100 and I think they will continue to grow.They are a pro gun group and as a member I support open carry. preserve our open carry rights, support the Tea Party movement. the web site is http://www.vernonpatriots.ning.com

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Summit_Ace wrote:
For those who live near Vernon parish you might want to check this group out. I just found out about them a few days ago. I went to the last meeting they had and was very impressed. They are a new group who started in Noveber with about 13 people. the meeting I went to had about 100 and I think they will continue to grow. the web site is http://www.vernonpatriots.ning.com
How is this OC or at least gun related?

Yata hey

Summit_Ace

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Summit_Ace wrote:
For those who live near Vernon parish you might want to check this group out. I just found out about them a few days ago. I went to the last meeting they had and was very impressed. They are a new group who started in Noveber with about 13 people. the meeting I went to had about 100 and I think they will continue to grow. the web site is http://www.vernonpatriots.ning.com

Yata hey
Are you being serious, or just looking for something to complain about?

Anything that is geared to make our massive out of control government smaller is "gun" related. If you think for a moment the governments end goal is not to disarm its citizens you are sadly mistaken. Look at history, including our own back to the birth of our country. The battle of Lexington was fought cause the British tried to disarm the militia. The Tea Party is absolutely "gun related".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Summit_Ace wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Summit_Ace wrote:

Yata hey

Anything that is geared to make our massive out of control government smaller is "gun" related. If you think for a moment the governments end goal is not to disarm its citizens you are sadly mistaken. Look at history, including our own back to the birth of our country. The battle of Lexington was fought cause the British tried to disarm the militia. The Tea Party is absolutely "gun related".
Totally serious.

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]2) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially tothis agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on polticis, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!

Yata hey
[/font]

Summit_Ace

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Summit_Ace wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Summit_Ace wrote:

Yata hey

Totally serious.

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]2) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially tothis agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on polticis, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else!

Yata hey
[/font]
Thank you for ignoring my explanation of the post. I edited my original post to reflect the goal of the site. The movement mentioned is not about the president or any political party. It directly fights for the right to keep and bear arms, openly or otherwise. It addresses other things as well but the right to keep and bear arms is a cornerstone. Of course you may push to have it removed for terms of use violation if you wish.

If that does happen I will take my support elsewhere. This site will lose yet another advocate. Feel good in the fact you policed the speech on this site. From the number of posts {at least in the Louisiana section} you are doing a great job:cry:

We as gun advocates should let the government take any rights they can as long as it does not have to do with open carry:?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Too much caffeine maybe - insult and innuendo aren't needed.

It is obvious you edited the OP after my 11:15 posting.

The time stamp on OP Last edited on Thu Feb 11th, 2010 11:23 pm by Summit_Ace

Then you accuse me of ignoring your post? Sad, but not funny.

The Tea Party groups definitely have a place in the overall scheme of things and in many ways reflect the dissatisfaction of the American people with our representatives.

I do not pretend to know what their position is there - I do know that in Virginia they have several times demonstrated that they are NOT as supportive of us as we have tried to be of them - not even close. Here they not only are not actively involved, they plan events in venues where only OC is legal and support asking us to leave our guns outside.

Which one of the forum segments do you suggest I have no right to be? Louisiana would seem to be gaining momentum with the start up of LOCAL - I happen to think that is a good thing. Though I appreciate your sentiments, I take no credit for that.

You make your own decisions - you're a big boy.

Yata hey

Summit_Ace

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Too much caffeine maybe - insult and innuendo aren't needed.

It is obvious you edited the OP after my 11:15 posting.

The time stamp on OP Last edited on Thu Feb 11th, 2010 11:23 pm by Summit_Ace

Then you accuse me of ignoring your post? Sad, but not funny.

The Tea Party groups definitely have a place in the overall scheme of things and in many ways reflect the dissatisfaction of the American people with our representatives.

I do not pretend to know what their position is there - I do know that in Virginia they have several times demonstrated that they are NOT as supportive of us as we have tried to be of them - not even close. Here they not only are not actively involved, they plan events in venues where only OC is legal and support asking us to leave our guns outside.

Which one of the forum segments do you suggest I have no right to be? Louisiana would seem to be gaining momentum with the start up of LOCAL - I happen to think that is a good thing. Though I appreciate your sentiments, I take no credit for that.

You make your own decisions - you're a big boy.

Yata hey
I plainly state that I edited my original post to better reflect the goals of the site. My saying you ignored my explanation was was responding to your comment on my second post, thought that was very clear. It was not my intent to be deceptive or did I do anything in that manner and do not appreciate be accused of such.

This is a local group and I had no idea you had such problems with this group. As I said I am new to it and thought people might want to check it out.

I will apologize for my "policing the speech" comment, that was out of line and uncalled for at the time. I was pissed you were telling me I could not post info on what I had seen as a local pro gun group. You have obviously had some problems with other groups of this kind and I am sure that may have contributed to your response to my post.

I think it important that we as pro gun people work together even if we disagree on some points. once again my apologies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Summit_Ace wrote:
I think it important that we as pro gun people work together even if we disagree on some points. once again my apologies.
Accepted and hand shake offered. I agree with your intent and conclusion.
My point was that things need to be germane - nothing else.

The Tea Party groups vary in their effectiveness and attitudes as much as we as individuals do. I do endorse their ideals, goals and most of their stances.

Best wishes and good luck keeping OC front and center with groups such as this.

Yata hey

barf

imported post

funny-pictures-fighting-cats-constructive-feedback.jpg