• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry with someone else's pistol.

brad9point0

imported post

As long as you are not a prohibited person its 100% legal =) :celebrate :celebrate:celebrate

EVERYTHING qualifies for a dancing banana

SunkenShadow

imported post

I'm guessing a 'prohibited' person is someone who has committed a crime or is somehow restricted by the legal system, i.e. court order/restraining order or something along those lines. Am I right to draw this conclusion? o_O

brad9point0

imported post

SunkenShadow wrote:
I'm guessing a 'prohibited' person is someone who has committed a crime or is somehow restricted by the legal system, i.e. court order/restraining order or something along those lines.  Am I right to draw this conclusion? o_O

Correct, that or a felony, mentally ill etc.

dirtykoala

imported post

I'm not sure about how accurate this is, but I remember in a thread topic here someone mentioned that to borrow a handgun the person being lent the gun needed their hsc. Again, not sure if it's accurate, might be something to look into though.

mjones

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
I'm not sure about how accurate this is, but I remember in a thread topic here someone mentioned that to borrow a handgun the person being lent the gun needed their hsc. Again, not sure if it's accurate, might be something to look into though.
That's for a loan where the owner is not present.

wewd

imported post

Correct you only need the HSC if you are not in the presence of the owner. Legal definition of lending is to give something to someone temporarily away from your possession and control. It's like letting someone shoot your gun at the range. You can let them shoot with your high capacity mags as long as you are present, but you cannot lend those magazines to them. That's also the way it works with NFA machineguns that are registered to you.