• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just had a run in at starbucks in centralia.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

I go to this starbucks almost everyday. That will change now.

This is what I carry on the small of my back. usually under my uniform, or ahoodie.. tonight.. under a black hoodie.

IMG00135.jpg

I get up to go to the bath room and it was probably hanging out.. I don't care either way. I have my CPL and I open carry often. I left my keys, my cell phone, coffee- And GOV. I.D. sitting on my little table. I come back and one of the employees comes over to me - This was the exchange of words.

Her : Hey, almost every time you're in here a costomer comes up and tells one of us that you have a revolver on you, Im sure you have a license and everything but starbucks' policy is that you leave it in your car.

Me : Really? I thought I usually did a pretty good job of concealing it - I'll keep that in mind though. - You say it's the policy that I leave it in the car?

Her : Yes it makes the other costomers feel more comfortable, That's all - I'm not trying to pick problems even the local police officers arent supposed to be in here with their revolvers showing.

-----By this comment, My jaw was literally hanging off my face. I was getting aggrivated THEN SHE ASKED ME TO LOSE IT, OR LEAVE.

I start gathering up my things and she said. No one should be carrying a revolver with them it's not safe.

I calmly corrected her. by saying by saying it's actually a semi- automic pistol, not a revolver and that it's actually perfectly legal for anyone with a valid CPL to carry either CONCEALED - or open in washington stategiven the location and circumstances.

Her : I don't know about that , Im just telling you what the law is in washington. And I know that it doesnt include acting like you're in the Wild West. It was just a simple request.

-I'll admit i got a little hot after that - I figured it would be best to just keep my mouth shut and leave. As I was walking out the door two Centralia police officers walk in, and greet me . (know them personally) I say with HEAVY sarcasm they should conceal just to be safe. .. I get a weird look from one. and the other one says.. "OHHH JEEZE, You're fine!!!!" with a chuckle.

It just pisses me off and I definitely think that we NEED to have more of presence around here. These sheep of people are killing me slowly.

What does it take to show people that the only harm we mean is to those who mean us harm? This will never end, and will never stop amazing me. People are so headstrong with what they think is right, wrong - Illegal or legal. I won't be going to starbucks anymore - And to further my effort in how I feel about this situation I will be letting my family know not to go there aswell.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Print of any of the numerous media stories in the last few days and take it back to Starbucks. Almost every story I have read in the last week statesStarbucks position. And make a donation to the tip jar.

Rune

imported post

The irony. You should point out to her that she should watch the news more often. Something that her company has made public about honoring state laws..... stupid sheeple.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Ypou have no Idea how pissed off I was. But being a federal employee.. a(they know it) i tried my best to keep my cool. This makes for atleast the 3rd or 4th place I have been kicked out of in centralia for opencarrying, or even CC. First of all. If someone has a well made copy of an OC even CC training bulliten I will hand deliver it to the sheriffs dept. and the centralia, and chehalis police depts'.

they may 'KNOW' the laws.. but it's never bad to over kill them with the information as things are ever changing. But I need a LEGIT copy. Not just a list of RCWS that someone has typed up. I may even include a copy of this in a letter I will be writing to the starbucks here in town.

We NEED more of a presence down here. And I will personally host the march OC gathering at any location in centralia. Just to further the efforts.

I feel as though some people who CC are just too scared of what the sheep will say if they OC.. That needs to change. It's OUR RIGHT Not our privelage. they need to see it our way. Or lose our business.

I won't hide my rights to drive, or work in the US. Why would I hide my right to bear arms. you would think that anyone who has read the 2nd amm. would know this.

apparently american history has FAILED our public.

Ive talked to more young adults interested in OC that KNOW or atleast recognize the laws. Aside from the people who don't.

what it really comes down to us UNEDUCATED public. If the 'chronicle' (local news paper) was to publish a story on the carrying of firearms, whether Open or concealed I personally believe this would bring a heavy feeling of awareness to the general public in lewis county.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I'll be down in Centralia Sat morning for the gun show. I usually stop at that 50's style burger place on my way home. Let me know if you want to link up. Contact info in my profile.

j2l3

imported post

Check www.nwcdl.org, there you will find all of the known western Washington training bulletins published in the last year or so from the arera PD's. Plus other documents that will help your issue.

I would also print the news articles about Starbucks and firearms. Present it ALL to the starbucks manager where you were. I might also contact Starbuck's headquarters her ein Seattle and complain.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Unfortunately ;

I'll be out of the country for a couple days. I have some work related things to take care of - other wise I would have enjoyed meeting up saturday.

Unfortunately ;

Again. Im not sure that the starbucks manager who told me off gives a flying F-k what the actual laws are. Im not trying to get tresspassed. I will just simply find another place to spend my dollars.

Fortunately ;

There are probably plenty of places that are pro-gun. or atleast not a sack of douche bags about it.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Yeah, It could scare people ... Just like clowns scare people - Just like snakes, or spiders scare people... Hell ; Im not one to judge people but transexuals scare me! and that's perfectly accepted among public these days.

I was actually talking to a chehalis police officer earlier today - His thoughts were alot like mine - Just because it's scary to people doesnt mean it's wrong. " it's like flying or being on a boat, They just have'nt been around it enough to be comfortable every time they experience it." he was pro OC!

DaemonForce

imported post

Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! (Doesthe twisty hand thing)

Arrange your damn numbers! :banghead:

You're not going to change anything about this problem in Lewis County other than making it even worse. You have to increase your numbers before you try pulling a stunt here. Although I will admit that having you or any citizen open carry in my favorite coffee shop makes me feel a lot more comfortable than anyLEO or manager that thinks otherwise. Still, you will be bullied and your RCW argument is ineffective here. That is all. :(

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Unfortunately ;

you are indeed right. I have pretty much realised that it's either accepted. or not.

Im kind of to the point now where Im considering selling my firearms to avoid the drama and heartache of owning them

Not only that. I never have anyone to OC with. and I find myself fighting one against all in lewis county. It would be nice to have some support. But no one is willing to work with me.

DaemonForce

imported post

Golf Uniform November wrote:
I never have anyone to OC with. and I find myself fighting one against all in lewis county. It would be nice to have some support. But no one is willing to work with me.

Ahahahah! I'm sorry. :lol:I really wanted to be there yesterday but the local *$ is only my favoritebecause it's the place where I get the least amount of hassle from people. I honestly wanted to be there last night but their times changed on me. If I go into any other food place I usually get hassled and almost 100% of it from stupid girls that have no business working there. Though it doesn't mean I'm not getting hassled when they're not there. I'm willing to bet you werebeing harassedby one of the pigs(READ: Professional Ignorant Grad Students) or it was one of the annoying blondies that I want no part of. Could be one or both. Anyway, I learned something about the place that most people don't realize. One is the manager's head while the other is always the manager's ass.Take that into considerationwhenthey're not getting friendly with you. :)

I used to go there every day but when I started workingit became achore to continue because I could no longer relax. Every day there would be someone bugging me about what I'm studying, while I'm finally lost in the lesson or what I'm doing or what kind of job I have. I'm no longer employed(thank God) but I'm still under the same mental fatigue the second I step onto the property. That's a hell of a trick to work on the human brain. I don't know how it works but it does. Okay enough of me wearing the tinfoil hat.:uhoh:

Here's the problem: The second you enter Lewis County with an openly carried firearm you are instantly the minority. God I hate saying this line but that's just how it is. It's like walking into a bar with a ring on your finger. People don't like you unless it's not there. Who knew? :lol:

If you have any chance at changing how people think about this issue, you have to change the way they think. The school structure is primarily responsible for 90% of the negative association of alcohol, illegal drugs and firearms. Mind you we have the DARE program(READ: Doesn't Actually Reduce Experimentation) that puts a halt on alcohol addiction and drugs, even though instead of just saying no we just say yes thanks to damning prescriptions...Individual experience is the other 10% and that is the only amount of a free ride that you get.I'm not sure if this year's levy failed yet but I'm still hoping for it. When I was going to school I was conditioned for the test and nothing more.This breeds too much trouble when you put people like this in the real world.I'm proof of that. My grades may have looked like hell but I made damn sure I learned all that I could. In fact I was probably part of a rare group that learned anything at all. An "education" is subjective and doesn't make you any less of an idiot. Either way, you're going to need massively higher numbers of people than what you have now or your efforts will be in vain. This is because the majority of people you're going to be dealing with arenearly incapable of learning. Thanks DARE!

Remember what I said about getting your way? Here you have no other choice than the hard way.To change that minority figure you'll have to flood the county with OCers;Every park, every business every mind. A week or two of doing so should be good but I'm still talking about numbers that you don't have. I wish it were easier to do but not on such limited human power.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Boy, you hit it dead on. That dare program was crap! but it does tend to work for the 4th graders learning it.

I too used to study in the shop.. But i was taking language courses for my job. and I always had headphones in.. so if someone were to cry about my firearm.. I wasnt listening anyways. No i am done with the courses.. so I don't have a way to claim I didnt hear them.

I sent you a PM.

DaemonForce

imported post

Boy, you hit it dead on. That dare program was crap! but it does tend to work for the 4th graders learning it.
Since 4th gradersand teens are the group that's abusing drugs the least, they must be the problem! Yes! I see it now!Never mind the county's meth addiction seems to be primarily a middle-aged problem. :shock:

I too used to study in the shop.. But i was taking language courses for my job. and I always had headphones in.. so if someone were to cry about my firearm.. I wasnt listening anyways. No i am done with the courses.. so I don't have a way to claim I didnt hear them.
I am bascially youminus the firearm. These days it's also a lack of interest in language too.I haven't doneanything innovativein a while. Maybe it's time to pick it up again? :?

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Yeah, It could scare people ... Just like clowns scare people - Just like snakes, orSPYDERS scare people... Hell ; Im not one to judge people but transexuals scare me! and that's perfectly accepted among public these days.

SNIP

I don't think I scare people... ;)

ETA: By the way, it doesn't matter what county, city, town, or whatever. If you open carry, you're always in the minority.

acmariner99

imported post

Good day people. I grew up in Washington and now live in the wonderful Grand Canyon State of Arizona. I am a young adult keenly interested in protecting my rights. You can count on my support for OC and CC.

Question though, according to this site it IS legal to OC if you do not have a WA CPL. Is this true and where can it be verified?

I'm not a fan of starbucks anyway, if this happened to me, I wouldn't give them any money anymore also.

As far as I am concerned, if you don't want to carry fine, thats your perogative, but they have no right to deny me a right I choose to excersize. God Bless all. Keep me informed.