• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just had a run in at starbucks in centralia.

Lammo

imported post

Golf Uniform November wrote:
SNIP
Her : I don't know about that , Im just telling you what the law is in washington.SNIP

“The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.” —Ronald Reagan, from his “A Time for Choosing” speech in 1964

Sadly, this person won't accept what the law is even if you hit her over the head with it (not that I'm suggesting you do such a thing :)).

samaloney2006

imported post

:celebrateI E-mailed Starbucks recently on their corporate policy's concerning firearms. Some of you may have also received the same thing. I am in a real hurry, only enough time to jot out this letter. I will post the letter from corporate tomorrow. Do not stop going to Starbucks, in fact E-mail them and tell them you are now a bona-fide customer as I didand thank them.:D

Golf Uniform November

imported post

That's interesting.

I got a phone call from a co-worker today letting me know to avoid the centralia starbucks. the store manager/ and property owner are ready and willing to tresspass any one seen carrying a firearm in side or within a designated range from the store.

This co- worker is dtating a crew member who works there. He told me that she doesnt want to see anyone getting in trouble over this -"and doesnt see why it's a big deal in the first place"

Im just letting you guys know, and relaying what Was said.

massivedesign

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
massivedesign wrote:
SW Washington Fairgrounds – I-5 Exit 79
2555 N National Ave.
Centralia, WA 98532

This weekend! http://www.wesknodelgunshows.com/
Was thinking of Sunday. Anyone up for the trip on Sunday?
Valentines day?? Not gonna fly in this household lol..

I'll be heading down there tomorrow morning... Possibly meet up with a few others to grab some starbucks on our way to the show :)

BobR

imported post

within a designated range from the store

I would bet their lease ends at their front door. Even the sidewalk in front of the place is probably a public area.

They may have a problem trespassing anyone if they are outside the door.

Well, at least I know where Centralia is now. Way too far for a morning drive.

bob

Superlite27

imported post

the store manager/ and property owner are ready and willing to tresspass any one seen carrying a firearm in side or within a designated range from the store.

They cannot arbitrarily "tresspass" people. They can only do so once a person has been asked to leave and refuses.

I would buy a coffee there, and if asked to leave, ask for their name soI may notify corporate that they are making up their own policy contrary to Starbuck's official policy, then pleasantly wave goodbye as I walk out the door.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

That's interesting.

I got a phone call from a co-worker today letting me know to avoid the centralia starbucks. the store manager/ and property owner are ready and willing to tresspass any one seen carrying a firearm in side or within a designated range from the store.
Sounds like they need to have their franchisee license revoked for not complying with corporate policy.

massivedesign

imported post

Soooo.. Can we get clarification as to WHICH starbucks this was??

There are three in that area.
1) Market St INSIDE the safeway
2) Across the street from Walmart, next to Big 5
3) in CENTRALIA by the safeway and outlet malls..

M1Gunr and I set out to do some OC after the gunshow.. After some directional confusion, we bailed, not knowing which one the OP was referring to.

DaemonForce

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
Soooo.. Can we get clarification as to WHICH starbucks this was??

There are only two in this area. The one next to the Walmart isn't part of Centralia.

I'm 100% certain this happened in the Starbucks across the Safeway parking lot instead of the one in the Safeway. I never go into the one in the Safeway because that section is way too busy for me to relax. Starbucks wouldn't have to follow their policy when joined into the section of another business. Instead, they would have to exercise a relaxedpolicy. The idea is to hand off customers from one business to the Starbucks as they walk in or leave. If it were not the case,the OP and everyone else would be dealing witha stupidTexarkana dilemma(until the policy were changed or the business shut down)instead of a stupid night shift girl that goes out of her way to deliberately tryand piss people off. Besides that, the bathroom in the Safeway is in a section of the building that is cut off in such a way that you would have to go through the Starbucks just to get anywhere near it. Creating a problem for people heading to the bathroom islike being hassled by police with a story that they were getting a call about a MWAGor "someone suspicious" nearby. My blood pressure goes up whenever I'm in that section of the Safeway so I try not to be there. The one across the parking lot is a bit better since they can follow their corporate guidelines without compromising their service or security. Gives me less trouble too.The Starbucks across the lot is physically joined to the Wells Fargo but is partitioned off through the middle. You're either in one or the other. I'm generally there when numerous LEOs stop in. I invite the company of armed individuals but LEOs in particular make me nervous. At least until they get some food in their system. I guess I wouldn't want it any other way. Except maybe if I didn't see one night shift blondie trying to hassleevery non-LEOwith a sidearm. One day I'll have to cut in and completely steal all her power. The root of the problem is caused by letting a woman control the conversation. Once you let that happen, you're done. :)

Before you argue, please remember, this iscoming from aman that does not carry. Period. So what do I know? The OP still hasn't told uswhich building and I already have more than reasonable suspicions about which one.:uhoh:I would go to the gun show but no one ever has anything interesting here. If there was anything good, it's always gone by the time I get there.

New Daddy

imported post

DaemonForce wrote:
The root of the problem is caused by letting a woman control the conversation. Once you let that happen, you're done. :)

You mean letting a woman that's smarter than you control the conversation. Let's not insult the fairer sex, when they get the best of us. Otherwise, my wife won't let me surf this forum anymore.

DaemonForce

imported post

New Daddy wrote:
You mean letting a woman that's smarter than you control the conversation. Let's not insult the fairer sex, when they get the best of us. Otherwise, my wife won't let me surf this forum anymore.
Ah I had no idea who I was talking to. My goondolences. :lol:

Ironbar

imported post

Quite frankly, I don't think you should have kept your mouth shut. In fact Starbucks has made it clear based on the recent Kalifornia bruhaha that their national policy IS to allow the carry of firearms in to their stores. That nitwit barista overstepped her bounds by telling you to leave the gun or leave the store. I'd go back with the Starbucks policy in hand and shove it in her smarmy face (figuratively of course).

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Im kind of to the point now where Im considering selling my firearms to avoid the drama and heartache of owning them

.....you don't happen to have a ....glock 26 do you? :quirky
LOL....keep trying Poo, you'll get one eventually. Or just check out little nickel.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I can visualize the thread now:

March OC Meet in Centralia

Restaurant:
Country Cousin- ramblinrestaurants.com
1054 Harrison Avenue, Centralia - (360) 736-2200

Coffee meet afterwards at the Starbucks across the street