• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Senate Bill 6130

Chris.R.Anderson

imported post

2 years ago the people of Washington voted I-960 into law so we would know about any new taxes, and they couldn't be dumped on us at the whim of the government in the dark of night.

Now with SB6130 our "representatives" have decided to "suspend" I-960 till July of next year so they can tax the crap out of us with impunity, despite our obvious wishes.

http://dlr.leg.wa.gov/billsummary/default.aspx?year=2009&bill=6130

There is a public hearing scheduled for this Saturday, I am not very familiar with the way these hearings work. Are we allowed to come just to see what they decide? Or does our presence mean something?

If it does, this seems like the kind of thing we should care about a lot, it is another chunk of ourliberty vaporizing. There is an OCDO meet scheduled for that afternoon, and I would be willing to come up from Walla Walla if we decide to combine an appearance at this hearing with our lunch at 2.

CRA