Thread: New from Kent/Seattle

Post imported post

Going to apply for my CHP tomorrow, and as soon as that tax return comes through, I'm going to purchase MY first handgun. I write it like that, because I have friends that own and CC/OC, but I don't have my own.

I'm going the revolver route, for now at least. I'm sure everyone agrees that
    more guns>less guns, but for a first, I'm going revolver.

Because I'm a large guy. (large is an understatement) I have decided on a Ruger GP100. I want to CC/OC whenever possible, depending on the location. I have held several guns, and fired a few, Browning .45, my buddies Sig 228 9mm, some .380's, and found a nice medium frame revo. feels good in my hands. I have concealed a few in my younger (ignorant) days, and I like the feeling of a shoulder rig, and with my size, and the cold Seattle weather (right now) wearing a large coat is fine.

I have several months to find a nice gun for extremely hot summer weather, and when that time comes, I will have plenty saved up and more experience. I would like to get one of those leather vests with the carry pocket. IDK yet.

My buddy who is an ex army ranger suggested I start reading/posting on this site, and I'm happy he did.

Questions/comments?

Post imported post

Welcome...
    There's a wealth of info posted in the first few posts here in the Washington forum, esp the FAQ thread. Read up, ask questions. You're more than welcome to come to the Bellevue meet on Sat, (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/37337.html) Being armed is NOT a requirement.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Yes, welcome to the forum. And we really do hope you can make it to the BBQ!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Are you in Seattle? You should put your location under your icon tag.

<----------------

Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

Welcome man. New guy myself. Just got my CHP on Weds. Theres alot of good info on this site. Id really advize digging through it all.

Post imported post

Welcome Coupe

- I too have a Stainless Ruger GP100 .357 mag, i absolutly love it. My wife uses it for the house gun. You wont be disapointed with it. A couple speed loaders and it'll be excellent for daily service. - Glad you found us.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Just got my CHP on Weds
    Washington has a CPL - Concealed Pistol License - I've been up 23 hrs now and my OCD is starting to rise....

I'm in need of a Visual Basic master... anyone?

Post imported post

Hey Coupe ;

Welcome !

Your friend is right there IS a lot of useful information on this site everything from a "gun law library" to lists of businesses that don't exactly think too kindly of you carrying a slingshot in their places, let alone a firearm.

Just read up on what you can and if you ever have questions, that's what we're here for.

The pistol you have in mind is a nice choice! a lot will agree

I just keep in mind - there may be an instance where I MAY or MAY not have to defend myself with more than 6 rounds.

Just don't be that person shooting rounds into a fleeing car!!

--- G.U.N.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Just got my CHP on Weds
    Washington has a CPL - Concealed Pistol License - I've been up 23 hrs now and my OCD is starting to rise....

There's nothing wrong with OCD. We all have a form. Maybe us military have it a litte worse. It's USUALLY NEVER a bad thing.

Unless you're Bob Saget as "Danny Tanner" from full house ; In the episode where he dumps the art teacher for her house looking like someone ransacked it!

'OMG, CALL THE POLICE ,YOU'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!' - What, No I havent?!

Little off topic. But yes. Washington calls it a C - concealed . P -pistol . L -license

Post imported post

Hey all you new guys, don't forget to come to the Washington Arms Collectors gun show at the Puyallup fairgrounds next weekend ( 20th and 21st ). We'll have our new OCDO sing up. Come by and say hello, put faces to names.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Hey all you new guys, don't forget to come to the Washington Arms Collectors gun show at the Puyallup fairgrounds next weekend ( 20th and 21st ). We'll have our new OCDO sing up. Come by and say hello, put faces to names.
    Has anyone secured a table ?

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    What do you need?
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    I don't know that tune, can you hum a few bars?

But serially, we do have gun shows over here on the dry side. Don't know if anyone else would be interested in having a table in Spokane but, if so, would it be possible to borrow the banner?

IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Just got my CHP on Weds

I know C#, and VB.net and C#.net are practically the same with different grammar. What's your issue?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

So as to not clutter the thread up anymore send me a PM if you can help on the Visual Basic issue.

Post imported post

Table for Puyallup show is not secured yet. The show is up in the air for me, I might have something else going that weekend. I'll know more Sunday night. Remember, we need donations for the table guys... M1Gunr, please post that donation link on this thread. I think it would be a good idea if any extra donations above what is needed for the table should go towards pamphlets.

Table cost is $40.00
    Certified Glock Armorer

Post imported post

Donation link thru paypal: washingtongunrights@gmail.com

No matter what you have heard about paypal NOT being gun friendly, I can tell you I have had no issues using my paypal card to buy my last several guns from Mary's Pistols. I also got 1% back on every purchase. My last 3 guns earned me enough to buy a box of ammo.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Table for Puyallup show is not secured yet. The show is up in the air for me, I might have something else going that weekend. I'll know more Sunday night. Remember, we need donations for the table guys... M1Gunr, please post that donation link on this thread. I think it would be a good idea if any extra donations above what is needed for the table should go towards pamphlets.

Table cost is $40.00
    I will be attending on Saturday only.
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome, coupedevil an rune. There are several of us in Kent...hope to see you out and about..

Post imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Thanks for the correction Gunr.

Location and some stuff were added to profile as well.

Post imported post

Right when I saw the list of places, I was a little excited. I stay near Beths Cafe, and go to the Sharis on Aurora often. Good to know that OC is welcome there.

And you're right, about the 6 rounds. the last time I had trouble, it was with 9 BGs that thought using my face for a football was a cool idea. I will definitely be in the market for a nice semi auto as soon as the funds permit.