• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New from Kent/Seattle

CoupeDevil

imported post

Going to apply for my CHP tomorrow, and as soon as that tax return comes through, I'm going to purchase MY first handgun. I write it like that, because I have friends that own and CC/OC, but I don't have my own. :(

I'm going the revolver route, for now at least. I'm sure everyone agrees that
more guns>less guns, but for a first, I'm going revolver.

Because I'm a large guy. (large is an understatement) I have decided on a Ruger GP100. I want to CC/OC whenever possible, depending on the location. I have held several guns, and fired a few, Browning .45, my buddies Sig 228 9mm, some .380's, and found a nice medium frame revo. feels good in my hands. I have concealed a few in my younger (ignorant) days, and I like the feeling of a shoulder rig, and with my size, and the cold Seattle weather (right now) wearing a large coat is fine.

I have several months to find a nice gun for extremely hot summer weather, and when that time comes, I will have plenty saved up and more experience. I would like to get one of those leather vests with the carry pocket. IDK yet.

My buddy who is an ex army ranger suggested I start reading/posting on this site, and I'm happy he did.

Questions/comments?

Rune

imported post

Welcome man. New guy myself. Just got my CHP on Weds. Theres alot of good info on this site. Id really advize digging through it all.

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome Coupe :)

- I too have a Stainless Ruger GP100 .357 mag, i absolutly love it. My wife uses it for the house gun. You wont be disapointed with it. A couple speed loaders and it'll be excellent for daily service. - Glad you found us.

:cool:Bat

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Hey Coupe ;

Welcome !

Your friend is right there IS a lot of useful information on this site everything from a "gun law library" to lists of businesses that don't exactly think too kindly of you carrying a slingshot in their places, let alone a firearm.

Just read up on what you can and if you ever have questions, that's what we're here for.

The pistol you have in mind is a nice choice! a lot will agree

I just keep in mind - there may be an instance where I MAY or MAY not have to defend myself with more than 6 rounds.

Just don't be that person shooting rounds into a fleeing car!! :banghead:

--- G.U.N.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Just got my CHP on Weds
Washington has a CPL - Concealed Pistol License - I've been up 23 hrs now and my OCD is starting to rise....

I'm in need of a Visual Basic master... anyone?

There's nothing wrong with OCD. We all have a form. Maybe us military have it a litte worse. It's USUALLY NEVER a bad thing.

Unless you're Bob Saget as "Danny Tanner" from full house ; In the episode where he dumps the art teacher for her house looking like someone ransacked it!

'OMG, CALL THE POLICE ,YOU'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!' - What, No I havent?!

Little off topic. But yes. Washington calls it a C - concealed . P -pistol . L -license

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Hey all you new guys, don't forget to come to the Washington Arms Collectors gun show at the Puyallup fairgrounds next weekend ( 20th and 21st ). We'll have our new OCDO sing up. Come by and say hello, put faces to names.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Hey all you new guys, don't forget to come to the Washington Arms Collectors gun show at the Puyallup fairgrounds next weekend ( 20th and 21st ). We'll have our new OCDO sing up. Come by and say hello, put faces to names.
Has anyone secured a table ?

Lammo

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
I don't know that tune, can you hum a few bars? :)

But serially, we do have gun shows over here on the dry side. Don't know if anyone else would be interested in having a table in Spokane but, if so, would it be possible to borrow the banner?

Tawnos

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Just got my CHP on Weds
Washington has a CPL - Concealed Pistol License - I've been up 23 hrs now and my OCD is starting to rise....

I'm in need of a Visual Basic master... anyone?
I know C#, and VB.net and C#.net are practically the same with different grammar. What's your issue?

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Table for Puyallup show is not secured yet. The show is up in the air for me, I might have something else going that weekend. I'll know more Sunday night. Remember, we need donations for the table guys... M1Gunr, please post that donation link on this thread. I think it would be a good idea if any extra donations above what is needed for the table should go towards pamphlets.

Table cost is $40.00

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Donation link thru paypal: washingtongunrights@gmail.com

No matter what you have heard about paypal NOT being gun friendly, I can tell you I have had no issues using my paypal card to buy my last several guns from Mary's Pistols. I also got 1% back on every purchase. My last 3 guns earned me enough to buy a box of ammo.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Table for Puyallup show is not secured yet. The show is up in the air for me, I might have something else going that weekend. I'll know more Sunday night. Remember, we need donations for the table guys... M1Gunr, please post that donation link on this thread. I think it would be a good idea if any extra donations above what is needed for the table should go towards pamphlets.

Table cost is $40.00
I will be attending on Saturday only.