• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rock on the Range 5/22 & 5/23

mikestilly

imported post

Kind of off topic but thought some others might be interested in joining us. We currently have 2 car loads going already. You must make your own hotel arrangements. We stay at the extended stay $50/day
Show is 2 days, 3 stages, 40+ metal bands. Zombie & Godsmack are headling this year. Last year was amazing and sold out. Dont wait to buy tix if you're going. I'lk be OC'ing everywhere but the stadium of course.

www.rockontherange.com

~Mike

Michigander

imported post

Looks decent, but kinda more new age than I'm into.

What I should have done was take a vacation to go see this-
m_22ea22bcbc3f45d9a5c240a4e1b86087.jpg

G

imported post

Damn kids.

That sheet will rot your brains and ruin your hearing.

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Damn kids.

That sheet will rot your brains and ruin your hearing.
Yeah, but it's soooo cooool!!
Huh??? Speak up. I can barely hear you.;)
Nugent and AeroSmith did nothing to improve my hearing back in the 70's. :?
Amboy Dukes rock St Mary's (Harper Woods) 1968.

I think I was there. I can't remember.

What are we talking about?

Oh yea, Rock & Roll...

If it's too loud...

You're too old.

That crap today isn't even music. Sounds more like a pair of tennis shoes in the dryer.

Heh Heh AC/DC rules Heh Heh

Hope I die before I get old.

mikestilly

imported post

I had some great pictures from last years show. And one video did come out. Unfortunately Motley Crew headlined but Slipknot was just before their set and they kick ass.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I had some great pictures from last years show. And one video did come out. Unfortunately Motley Crew headlined but Slipknot was just before their set and they kick ass.
Hey now, what's wrong with Motley Crue????

mikestilly

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Hmm how can I put this in a family friendly way. They're liberal over the hill jerks. They pray at the alter of liberalism (obama) and felt it necessary to put Bush on the big screen and morph him in to the devil. I actually left the show before their set was done. The only one in that group with a brain is Niki Sixx.

Michigander

imported post

I like the Crue for their music. They are among the endangered species I call Blue Collar Pride bands. They make music about getting drunk, starting fights, riding motorcycles, getting laid, things like that. These days, far too many bands have music about "woe is me the times are tough, I'm a whiny little moron".

One thing I won't do is take political advice from anyone who currently or in the past was a severe drug addict, or is otherwise known for acting stupidly. Such as Motley Crue. My respect for them is only for their music.

Bono is a similar character. He specializes in music, and if you take him seriously you'd think he was an expert with AIDS, poverty, and 3rd world struggles of all types. Yet he clearly isn't. The difference between him and Motley Crue, for me, is that I don't listen to U2 because I don't like their music, but my dislike for the music has nothing to do with the fact that Bono is a tool.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Hmm how can I put this in a family friendly way. They're liberal over the hill jerks. They pray at the alter of liberalism (obama) and felt it necessary to put Bush on the big screen and morph him in to the devil. I actually left the show before their set was done. The only one in that group with a brain is Niki Sixx.
Eh, their politics suck. Good thing I don't listen to them for their political view. If I turned everything I did into a political movement, or based all my actions on politics, I'd be one miserable S.O.B.

mikestilly

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Eh, their politics suck. Good thing I don't listen to them for their political view. If I turned everything I did into a political movement, or based all my actions on politics, I'd be one miserable S.O.B.

See that's the problem. I came to listen to music not a rock band trying to push a liberal agenda on me. I hope you're not trying to insinuate that I base everything I do on politics. If that's what you're saying I'm not sure where that is coming from as you don't know a single thing about me.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
See that's the problem. I came to listen to music not a rock band trying to push a liberal agenda on me. I hope you're not trying to insinuate that I base everything I do on politics. If that's what you're saying I'm not sure where that is coming from as you don't know a single thing about me.
If that was their M.O., that would be a shame.

Michigander

imported post

I don't think there is anything wrong with slamming politicians as a rule, and not picking favorites. A good example of the Crue doing this, if I remember right, is the Hell On High Heels video.

On the other hand, if they start getting politically preachy at shows, that would piss me off.

mikestilly

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
If I turned everything I did into a political movement, or based all my actions on politics, I'd be one miserable S.O.B.

Not sure why you felt the need to try an make a comment about me personally. Someone asked why I didnt like Motley Crew and I provided an answer. Lets try an keep the conversation about the topic of the thread and not on the people posting.

Michigander

imported post

I think there is some misunderstanding here.

Taurus is a very freedom oriented person. I don't think he was commenting on you, Mike. If a person wanted to live every second of his or her life devoted 100% to political motivations, I don't think he'd mind a bit. I believe his comment was in regards to his own tastes.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
If I turned everything I did into a political movement, or based all my actions on politics, I'd be one miserable S.O.B.

Not sure why you felt the need to try an make a comment about me personally. Someone asked why I didnt like Motley Crew and I provided an answer. Lets try an keep the conversation about the topic of the thread and not on the people posting.
Um, no, that was not a personal attack on you. I'm sorry you took it that way. It was just an observation, Mike.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I think there is some misunderstanding here.

Taurus is a very freedom oriented person. I don't think he was commenting on you, Mike. If a person wanted to live every second of his or her life devoted 100% to political motivations, I don't think he'd mind a bit. I believe his comment was in regards to his own tastes.
Beat me to it.