• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Palo Alto Cop says OCers should be shot.

1Grizzly1

imported post

rpyne wrote:
BILLYBADBOY wrote:
rpyne wrote:
If one us commoners had made such a statement, we would be behind bars. The fact that he is still on duty speaks volumes about the attitude of the department and city.
Do you really think that you would be jailed for a statement?

If so perhaps I ought to turn myself in. Sadly I have said things that I never intended to do. I think we all have.
Such a statement can easily land a person in jail after passage of the Patriot Act. Under the Patriot Act it is considered a terroristic threat.
While I don't agree with his comment I believe he has a right to say it. To me it came across as an ignorant opinion and not a threat. How can we as advocates of the second amendment stifle another man's first amendment rights?

kdt1970

imported post

1Grizzly1 wrote:
rpyne wrote:
BILLYBADBOY wrote:
rpyne wrote:
If one us commoners had made such a statement, we would be behind bars. The fact that he is still on duty speaks volumes about the attitude of the department and city.
Do you really think that you would be jailed for a statement?

If so perhaps I ought to turn myself in. Sadly I have said things that I never intended to do. I think we all have.
Such a statement can easily land a person in jail after passage of the Patriot Act. Under the Patriot Act it is considered a terroristic threat.
While I don't agree with his comment I believe he has a right to say it. To me it came across as an ignorant opinion and not a threat. How can we as advocates of the second amendment stifle another man's first amendment rights?

Correct "FREEDOM OF SPEACH" but i have known people to get charged with domestic violence for making similar threats.

It is even worse that is comes from sombody thatis sworn to uphold the law,

its the same way when people get compounding charges because they are in a position of trust and get charged with a crime.