• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sausage Making

Concealed Carry Sausage Making Choices

• Open carry by permit only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All transfer by FFL unless family member

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SprayAndPray

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Exactly, A no compromise, non-permitted system.
Once you agree to permits you have turned your right inot a privilege that can be taken away at any time for any reason.

No compromise, non-permitted system.

Stand strong and Carry On!

So if we have shall issue CCW permits , and retain unpermitted open carry. and you lose your CCW permit (generally only happens under felony conviction in shall issue states , but we will play to the audiance and ignore that fact for this instance).... What would stop you from Open carrying again? (assuming you did not get a felony conviction)

I must be missing a piece of the puzzle......

I would LOVE Alaska Style carry , But it is not going to happen right off the bat.... Hell it didn't happen in ALASKA right off the bat, and they are a might bit Redder then we are.

Working against a permit system while holding out for Alaska carry is counterproductive. I truely believe there are members of the Brady bunch working against CCW using EXACTLY this scenario pretending to be pro gun but demanding a completely unpermitted system right off the bat , KNOWING they are asking for the unattainable.

Denouncing any progress and generally letting perfect be the enemy of better DOes not get us anywhere.We lost our gun rights in baby steps, and that is how we will get them back. Looking for all or nothing, gets you nothing every time.

SprayAndPray

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
SprayAndPray wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
No Compromise OCW?CCW Non- Permitted System

Support nothing less because come March 2, 2010 it will be very possible!

AK/VT at last!

Stand Strong
Carry ON!

While you are there pick me up a unicorn.....

I really want a unicorn
I guess we will see after March 2nd won't we?

Oh yeah.... care to wager?

Put your money where your mouth is , so to speak?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:

AK/VT at last!

Stand Strong
Carry ON!
What exactly about a decision in our favor will compel the move to a AK type system??? The incorporation of the 2A will not negate all current gun laws. :?

ScottM

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:

AK/VT at last!

Stand Strong
Carry ON!
What exactly about a decision in our favor will compel the move to a AK type system??? The incorporation of the 2A will not negate all current gun laws. :?
There are a couple cases on hold in California as well as the recently decided Palmer case in D.C. that will probably result in open carry without a permit nationwide within a couple years if we get incorporation. If we win big with incorporation under the P&I clause the open carry argument will probably get settled quicker than if it's only due process, mostly because P&I would make strict scrutiny a slam dunk.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Remember that if open carry becomes a "licensed" or "permitted" form of carry we will be constantly stopped by LEO's asking to see our "license/permit". I am NOT for permitted or licensed open carry. :exclaim: