• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good rifle for coyote hunting

Lurchiron

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Yes its a pretty efficient round I initially purchased a handgun in 17hmr for partridge then after seeing the devistation to the bird, purchased a lon gun. I really would like to find a auto version long gun that isnt $400 or more. I think I paid $160 for the bolt action.
You can shot gamebirds with a handgun, let alone a rifle cartridge in Michigan? Das iz verboten in Wis.

Michigander

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Soft points... they work more effectively than the Russian hollow points. Feed better too!

For plinkin I use commie crap :lol:
The 8-4 feed ramp improvement will allow a SKS to smoothly feed just about any ammo you want to use. :celebrate