• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morgantown Gun Show?

Sig229

imported post

I was wondering if anyone in WV knows when the National Guard Armory is having its next gun show in Morgantown?

Looked online, but cant find any info.

Thanks!

hightechredneck

imported post

MARCH 27 - 28> MORGANTOWN, WV Nat'l Guard Armory - 1705 Mileground Road

found on r&r home site just google r&r wv gun shows.

Theres also one at moundsville wv on march 20 and 21 sponsored by the marshall county fair

amigaman

imported post

hightechredneck wrote:
MARCH 27 - 28> MORGANTOWN, WV Nat'l Guard Armory - 1705 Mileground Road

found on r&r home site just google r&r wv gun shows.

Theres also one at moundsville wv on march 20 and 21 sponsored by the marshall county fair
I was looking forward to going to this show but now I am not going. I visited their page http://wv-gunshows.com/sitemap.aspx and got an eye full. I avoid "Gun Free Zones" like H1N1 and I sent them a nice letter letting them know how disappointed I am in their policy and that I will not attend because of it. I suggest y'all do the same and make up your own minds if you want to let your wallet do your talking too.

Scott

Brian D.

imported post

Amigaman that subject comes up quite frequently. Seeing as how you've been signed up here since 2007 maybe you are aware of the fact that gun shows are pretty much forced to be 'Gun Free Zones', by their insurance carriers.

amigaman

imported post

Brian D. wrote:
Amigaman that subject comes up quite frequently. Seeing as how you've been signed up here since 2007 maybe you are aware of the fact that gun shows are pretty much forced to be 'Gun Free Zones', by their insurance carriers.
And if we continue to support businesses that create "Gun Free Zones" then they will only continue and grow. Let your wallet talk because eventually when they can't make the money and they will eventually find a way around their insurance carriers, including changing to a carrier that doesn't force *their* anti-gun policies on others, or they will fold.

Scott

Brian D.

imported post

I hear what you are saying amigaman but after talking to gun show promoters at length, I believe that the gun shows would just cease to exist if we tried to fight the battle as you suggest.My understanding is that there are only a couple insurance companies (or maybe it's just one) that will write coverage for gun shows at all.

Again, from what promoters have told me, at one time this was NOT the case but many other insurers gotaway fromcovering gunshows after some negligent discharge incidents that resulted in death/injury.

If gun shows become a thing of the past then to me the anti-gunners have won a big patch of ground in their war on us.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just presenting my perspective. Do what ya gotta do, amigaman.

amigaman

imported post

Brian D. wrote:
I hear what you are saying amigaman but after talking to gun show promoters at length, I believe that the gun shows would just cease to exist if we tried to fight the battle as you suggest.My understanding is that there are only a couple insurance companies (or maybe it's just one) that will write coverage for gun shows at all.

Again, from what promoters have told me, at one time this was NOT the case but many other insurers gotaway fromcovering gunshows after some negligent discharge incidents that resulted in death/injury.

If gun shows become a thing of the past then to me the anti-gunners have won a big patch of ground in their war on us.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just presenting my perspective. Do what ya gotta do, amigaman.
Just to let y'all know, I did get an email from Nancy at R & R. While I won't go into specifics of what was said, I was told that CC was permitted and I got the impression they just don't want to know about it when you do. The email really left me with the impression that they are willing to look into the subject of personal carry and that their policy is based more on safety than an insurance policy (insurance was not mentioned in her rather long email). I did send back another email with some suggestions and an offer to assist if I can (I am so blessed to be semi young and fully retired). If we can help to get this policy changed, we have a win-win here and I sure would rather see a win in our favor and theirs than to see someone loose their business and for all of us to loose a potential social gathering. I will keep y'all posted on this as I hear it.

Now, would anyone like to have an OC/CC/NC get together before, during (should policies change) or after the show on Saturday/Sunday?

Sig229

imported post

amigaman wrote:
Now, would anyone like to have an OC/CC/NC get together before, during (should policies change) or after the show on Saturday/Sunday?

Well, I was planning on going to the show on Saturday because thats also my birthday. Since I will be driving over an hour to get there, I guess I will be hungry too.

Im willing to meet up.
Although, I probably wont get to the show until around noon.

amigaman

imported post

Greetings all,
Here is an update. Well, I didn't get any replies from the folks at R&R but I did see a change of their policy on their web site. It now reads:

ALL TRADE-FOR SALE FIREARMS CHECKED AND TIED AT THE FRONT DOOR.CONCEALED CARRY MUST REMAIN HOLSTERED!!
We reserve the right to deny admission to anyoneto any show for safety reasons..or as deemed necessary...

So, while it isn't perfect, it's a major positive step for us all. Thanks to all of you who also wrote to R&R on the subject of personal carry firearm restrictions.

Now, for a possible meet and eat... there is Surf and Turf (Back Bay), Traditional American (Yesterday's), Mediterranean (Ali Baba's) and Hindu (Cafe of India) restaurants just down from the show or if anyone wants to travel there are assorted other flavors to choose from. Shall we all meet up for a lunch before the show or would a dinner be a better option?

amigaman

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
Is yesterday's any good?

I used to live right behind it in the North point Neighborhood but never ate there.
Sig,
Yesterdays' food is pretty good and the atmosphere there is quite nice but they do hit the wallet some. Back Bay prices are better and their food is pretty good too. If everyone is willing, there is also Damon's at the intersection of 705 and Stewartstown Rd which has good food, lot's of TV's and is still pretty close. Mexican can be had if a bit more travel is okay, Rio Grande in Sabraton and Los Mariachi's near the Hospitals and there is the "fast food" joints all over (Sonic just opened close to Damon's). Of course there is Chinese, Japanese, Italian and most any other style to satisfy the need to feed. Since I am pretty close to the Mileground area if there is a flavor of choice that we can all agree on, I can scope them out and give exact directions for any out of towners not familiar with the area.

ITM

imported post

Did anyone figure out when and where to get together?

I'd be interested.