Thread: Saved by a....Blackberry?!?

Post imported post

Some yahoo in OH carrying a .32 loose in his coat pocket had a negligent discharge that hit his girlfriend in the leg while in a restaurant. Luckily, the bullet hit the Blackberry cell phone in her pocket, and all she got was a bruise on her leg.

The Blackberry was DOA...

http://www.whiotv.com/news/22536209/detail.html

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...rs-543968.html

The owner of the firearm had an OH License to Carry a Concealed Handgun (LCCH). He faces one charge of possession of a firearm in a liquor permit premises. In OH, it's againt the law to carry (CC or OC) in an establishment that sells liquor for consumption on-premise. The third-degree felony is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine. He would also have his LCCH revoked if convicted.

So not only was this yahoo breaking the law by carrying at this restaurant, but he was also drinking (another violation), and he didn't have his firearm in a proper pocket holster.

Some people probably SHOULDN'T be allowed to carry. It's a real shame when Darwinism effects other people.

Hopefully, his girlfriend dumps this sorry goob, and finds someone who knows how to properly handle a firearm...

You know, if he'd been OCing it in a proper holster, this would have never happend...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggressionand this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

GF is lucky it was just a .32. She would have had more than a bruise if it had been a larger cal.

Post imported post

So I guess shot placement isn't as important as cell phone placement if you're carrying a mouse gun.

-Gruu

Post imported post

Police said a Blackberry is being credit with saving a woman's life

Lucky. However, of course the media (or police) were being a bit dramatic when they said "the blackberry saved her life" ...I haven't heard of many stories where someone died from a .32 shot to the leg...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
    Police said a Blackberry is being credit with saving a woman's life

Lucky. However, of course the media (or police) were being a bit dramatic when they said "the blackberry saved her life" ...I haven't heard of many stories where someone died from a .32 shot to the leg...
    That's true, but if the main artery in the leg is severed by the bullet, one could potentially bleed out before EMS arrives.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What a complete fool...

I am glad the woman is OK.

That is just a shame.

Post imported post

Thankfully, it appears he may have just disconnected himself from the gun pool, AND the gene pool.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    Thankfully, it appears he may have just disconnected himself from the gun pool, AND the gene pool.
    LOL...+1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

oh no. they don't say what model blackberry she had. i need to know, because if my blackberry isn't the life saving kind, then i need to go get the appropriate model.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

They should name a new black berry Bulletproof.
    My cousin has a GPS unit that saved his life in Iraq it took a round.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    oh no. they don't say what model blackberry she had. i need to know, because if my blackberry isn't the life saving kind, then i need to go get the appropriate model.
    It looked like a Blackberry Curve (like an 8330 or 8350 model) from the pictures.

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    They should name a* new black berry Bulletproof.
    My cousin has a GPS unit that saved his life in Iraq it took a round.
    Glad your cousin didn't pay for a round with his leg.

Those mil-spec GPS units can be quite big and bulky.