• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saved by a....Blackberry?!?

Dreamer

imported post

Some yahoo in OH carrying a .32 loose in his coat pocket had a negligent discharge that hit his girlfriend in the leg while in a restaurant. Luckily, the bullet hit the Blackberry cell phone in her pocket, and all she got was a bruise on her leg.

The Blackberry was DOA...

http://www.whiotv.com/news/22536209/detail.html

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime/bullet-stopping-blackberry-saves-woman-at-local-frickers-543968.html

The owner of the firearm had an OH License to Carry a Concealed Handgun (LCCH). He faces one charge of possession of a firearm in a liquor permit premises. In OH, it's againt the law to carry (CC or OC) in an establishment that sells liquor for consumption on-premise. The third-degree felony is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine. He would also have his LCCH revoked if convicted.

So not only was this yahoo breaking the law by carrying at this restaurant, but he was also drinking (another violation), and he didn't have his firearm in a proper pocket holster.

Some people probably SHOULDN'T be allowed to carry. It's a real shame when Darwinism effects other people.

Hopefully, his girlfriend dumps this sorry goob, and finds someone who knows how to properly handle a firearm...

You know, if he'd been OCing it in a proper holster, this would have never happend...

TehGruu

imported post

So I guess shot placement isn't as important as cell phone placement if you're carrying a mouse gun.

-Gruu

YoZUpZ

imported post

Police said a Blackberry is being credit with saving a woman's life

Lucky. However, of course the media (or police) were being a bit dramatic when they said "the blackberry saved her life" ...I haven't heard of many stories where someone died from a .32 shot to the leg...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
Police said a Blackberry is being credit with saving a woman's life

Lucky. However, of course the media (or police) were being a bit dramatic when they said "the blackberry saved her life" ...I haven't heard of many stories where someone died from a .32 shot to the leg...
That's true, but if the main artery in the leg is severed by the bullet, one could potentially bleed out before EMS arrives.

FMCDH

imported post

Thankfully, it appears he may have just disconnected himself from the gun pool, AND the gene pool. ;)

scorpio_vette

imported post

oh no. they don't say what model blackberry she had. i need to know, because if my blackberry isn't the life saving kind, then i need to go get the appropriate model.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
oh no. they don't say what model blackberry she had. i need to know, because if my blackberry isn't the life saving kind, then i need to go get the appropriate model.

It looked like a Blackberry Curve (like an 8330 or 8350 model) from the pictures.

sudden valley gunner wrote:
They should name a  new black berry Bulletproof.
My cousin has a GPS unit that saved his life in Iraq it took a round.

Glad your cousin didn't pay for a round with his leg.

Those mil-spec GPS units can be quite big and bulky.