• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrying at bank today

Robble36

imported post

hey everyone at Opencarry forums, let me start offsaying something aboutmyself. I've been a member of nevadashooters for a little but i've been lurking on this forum reading all the interesting stuff for about the same time. This is my first official post and i want to tell you guys about my experience at the bank of america today on the corner ofCraig and Clayton.. I rode up there on my bicycle todaysince i don't really need to drive anywherebecause of how convenient everything isaround here (i just moved up here from Summerlin.) The first thing i say when i see the guard as i park my bike is "hey morning." He responds politely, "how are you doing?" I step around the bushes and start heading towards the door when he sees me and says "Hey you can't go in there with that." I politely responded, "yes i can, #1 it is my right and perfectly legal, and #2 i have been here multiple times and have never been jammed up by anyone." He tells me, "nope you can't go in," and stands there straight faced. I then said, "so you are questioning my legal rights to have this sidearm when you have no logical reason whatsoever?" He replies, "my company says only security and law enforcement can go into that building with a firearm."I was just puzzled because i have been in there countless times with my gun without even an oddglance that i noticed. I then asked him if he would kindly get the manager of the building to come out and personally acknowledge this and tell me i can't have the firearm in there i would thencomply with no further problems and come back without it. He steps inside for about a minute or so as i wait by the front with people by the atm curious as to whats going on. The manager comes out (very kind lady btw) she didn't know what was going on so i explained the situation with her and she looks at him and says "oh its ok," and opened the door for me welcoming me inside. I took a last look at the guard and said, "wasn't trying to be rude or anything, have a good day man." The lady then tells me, "yea i know it is your right buti want to just look into this especially in the banking area to see if it is ok to come into the bank with the gun, also looking out for the other customers you know?" I just said, "sure, let me know i'll be here again this is the bank i come to after all." Withdrew my money, got out, andpedaled away on my bicycle.

Summary:Open carryed to the banki always go to, ignorant guard trys to reinterpret laws or something saying i cant go in bank with my sidearm, nice manager of bank comes out and welcomes me inside but at the same time is questioning herselfif it is 100% legal.. withdrew my money and profited. ha

maldog

imported post

My business bank is B of A and I also see armed guards at the N. Durango & 215 branch. I conceal carry into the bank so I never did run into the problem that you encountered.