• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great job on tax payers Dime ?

taxwhat

imported post

Posted: 11:07 a.m. Feb. 12, 2010
Former Flint police chief gets 6 months home confinement

BY BEN SCHMITT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

• Comments (16)
  • Former Flint interim Police Chief David Dicks, who once vowed to "fight to the end" when hit with fraud charges, was sentenced today to six months of home confinement for illegally receiving public money through a no-show job at a security company run by his father.

Dicks, 42, of Flint pleaded guilty in October to a count of obtaining money by fraud in U.S. District Court in Detroit in front of Judge Sean Cox. Under his sentence he will also be on probation for 2 years, and pay $46,000 in restitution.

Dicks made international news in 2008 when he urged officers to file disorderly conduct or indecent exposure charges against those whose saggy pants allowed too much underwear or their bottoms to show on city streets. The policy eventually died.

In exchange for Dicks' plea, his father, Richard Dicks, 75, who also had been indicted, was placed into a pretrial diversion program, which is similar to probation.

According to court records, David Dicks was employed by City Security Guard Co. between June 2005 and July 2007 and submitted false time sheets, claiming to work 34 hours a week.

City Security had a contract with Career Alliance, a Flint-based organization that received federal money for job training. Records list Dicks' father as chief executive of the security company, from 1995 through 2007.