• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

July 4th Alpena OC Picnic

American Sheepdog

imported post

When: Sunday, July 4th 2010 @ noon (cooking starts at 10:00am)
Where: The huge Bandshell park next to the marina right on Lake Huron located right on U.S. 23 in downtown Alpena, MI.

July 4th here in Alpena is a picnic mecca. Thousands migrate here that weekend to watch the fireworks, swim in Lake Huron, picnic, and shop. Bands play at the Bandshell on the beach at the park and Jetskis shoot out of the marina next door. It's the perfect time to be seen open carrying. Local law enforcement is actually friendly to OC'ers. I have had several conversations with the chief and all is good. He has made sure his officers are trained in our rights. He has told me personally and politely that he respects my rights as stated by law. I've had ZERO conflicts in public and ZERO run ins with LEO's. They leave me alone and their dispatch handles calls the right way, by informing the caller that no law is being broken.

This is probably the easiest place to OC. I am VERY fortunate. I know there are some who had previously wanted to come up this way because they have assets here, so here's the golden opportunity. If some of you guys wanted to come on Saturday the 3rd, We could hit the Alpena sportsmans club for a day of shooting at any of their ranges, which range from pistol ranges to 600 yard rifle/sniper ranges.
Anyone interested feel free to call me. I'm sure I've left some vital piece of information out. I'm really looking forward to this. I'll be advertising in our local paper in June for the event and the media has been very friendly to me. Yes, they will be there...I guarantee it.
Long live the Republic!
Tom
989-354-8169
excelltrinity@yahoo.com